GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2021 3:39 pm  #1

RIP: Ford Stuen

If you are a subscriber to The Athletic, I would encourage you to read CJ Moore's beautifully told story about Ford Stuen.  Stuen was Travis Ford's nephew and an assistant coach on the SLU basketball team.  He passed away this past May, shortly after turning 29 years of age.

This was a remarkable young man who selflessly put others first.  I am both so encouraged to read about the values and character of this young man as well as so disheartened to learn of his tragic passing.  This is worth five minutes of your time to read.

If there is another A10 team besides our own who I am pulling for this season, it will most definitely be the Billikens.

10/19/2021 4:46 pm  #2

Re: RIP: Ford Stuen

I've been to two funerals and a wedding in the past 10 days.  Those were people I knew. 

All of them were remarkable. 

People die. They do not pass away.  

And, as I told those who served with me:  we all die prematurely. Even the most remarkable amongst us. Even those who have tenuous connections to athletics.

10/19/2021 5:14 pm  #3

Welcome back Brian Paul.
There goes the Dude's theory on you being "run off'.
As someone with 30 years military service I would love to see your DD214?

10/20/2021 12:40 am  #4

This thread is about this guy’s (GWMayhem’s) maudlin comments respecting a man he does not even claim to know.  Somehow he believes  the “passing”  matters because the decedent coached basketball.

Nonsense. He posts about the dead for some sadistic purpose of his own.

I'm sorry you dislike "Colonel."  It's a name. If you believe it to be a title, fine.  I will not care.

You're on the wrong thread, Joel.  You can't even strap up your own boots, you phony.  You had to ask BC for some irrelevant military jargon. Then you added ."30 years of military service" Why add that crap? You're stealing military glory? To try to discredit a poster's name?  What lies will you tell next?  

You'd be a disgrace to any uniform. 

Last edited by Colonel (10/20/2021 1:50 am)

10/20/2021 8:42 am  #5

You're a liar Brian, no one ever asked me for military jargon. 

10/20/2021 8:53 am  #6

There is only rule...don't be an ass. Trolls, jerks, and anyone who attacks someone else on a personal level are subject to being banned. Period.

10/20/2021 9:16 am  #7

"I post about the dead for some sadistic purpose of my own?"  Just can't make this shit up.

The following is not meant to be humorous in the slightest.  The Dude and Colonel Brian Paul Ziik  should absolutely be seeking help.  As in mental health counseling.  While I don't believe you are the same person, I hope that you are as it would mean one fewer person who has truly lost it on this board.

Unfortunately for the two of you, you're antics on this board speak towards your credibility.  If or when you do have something substantive to say here, it's still hard to take either of you seriously.  Of course, it's up to each individual to perceive your words and create an impression for themselves as to what they think of you.  Maybe some folks here really enjoy your collective contributions here.  I'm willing to guess that many do not.

I have been advised by more than one individual to engage far less with the two of you than I do.  It's good advice.  There's little to be gained from arguing with individuals who really shouldn't be taken seriously at all here.  Based on comments I have read here, private messages I have received, and conversations I have had with a handful of you, I am very confident that many here feel exactly the way that I do.  They may not challenge you on this site but that's likely because they're smarter than me and know better than to engage with trolls.

The two of you have attempted a smear campaign at my expense for some time now.  Continue to smear away if you must but I should tell you that if your end game is to get me to leave the board, then you lose.  

My sincere hope is that once the season begins and folks visit this site because they would like to discuss and read about the games and the team, that Barry will shut you down if your behavior persists.  To the rest of the board, I would encourage you to share your feelings with BGF via private message if you find anyone's behavior, including my own, to be unacceptable.  

10/20/2021 9:34 am  #8

I'll say Hello to Rich Maier for you.  You can say Hello to D I C K.  

Last edited by Colonel (10/20/2021 9:34 am)

10/20/2021 11:03 am  #9

Only on this board could a post about someone's passing escalate to personal attacks between posters in 2 moves.  Gwhoops, don't ever change.

10/20/2021 12:51 pm  #10

Major General Brian Paul Ziik is back with a vengeance! And attacking Rich Maier's good twin (Dick Maier) at that.
Thank God for GW Hoops and the humor it brings us during these dark days of COVID, politics and GW Basketball!

10/20/2021 12:52 pm  #11

Good twin - Dicky Maier.

10/20/2021 2:52 pm  #12

Colonel wrote:

This thread is about this guy’s (GWMayhem’s) maudlin comments respecting a man he does not even claim to know.  Somehow he believes  the “passing”  matters because the decedent coached basketball.

Nonsense. He posts about the dead for some sadistic purpose of his own.

I'm sorry you dislike "Colonel."  It's a name. If you believe it to be a title, fine.  I will not care.

You're on the wrong thread, Joel.  You can't even strap up your own boots, you phony.  You had to ask BC for some irrelevant military jargon. Then you added ."30 years of military service" Why add that crap? You're stealing military glory? To try to discredit a poster's name?  What lies will you tell next?  

You'd be a disgrace to any uniform. 

This is what you took away from Gwmayhem's post? Just Wow! Paging GW69! Please come out of retirement ASAP ... there is an underserved client base right here on GW Hoops.

10/20/2021 3:30 pm  #13

Joel, you are one busy guy.  But, ignorant

Colonel Washington had an office 0.5 mile from my office.  His first name was G e o r g e.   He was a colonial.

Maudlin.  Yes. 

Thanks again, Bob. 

I'll send you a bill. 

Last edited by Colonel (10/20/2021 3:36 pm)

10/25/2021 7:07 pm  #14

This is a very bizarre thread. Someone posts a normal thing, check out this nice article about a person who passed away, and then someone else gets mad based on the semantics of the way they worded their post? Which is about someone who died? What in the world.

Now I see they were banned. That's good, thank you for that. 

Last edited by squid (10/25/2021 7:08 pm)

Board footera