GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2021 6:09 am  #1

Next Chapter for Shawnta Rogers

TeamDurant @Dwayne_Wise 
Shawnte "Nut" Rogers who starred at Lake Clifton MD and George Washington University mid 90's will be joining local power DeMatha Catholic as assistant Coach this upcoming season. Coach Rogers also was a member of our TeamDurant program as a special assistant. 

Last edited by GW0509 (10/26/2021 6:11 am)

10/26/2021 1:02 pm  #2

Re: Next Chapter for Shawnta Rogers

Good find, 0509.
Imagine Shawnta is fine financially given his years in Europe, but has a lot of skills and intuition to teach young players. And Shawnta is perhaps our greatest example of persevering against the odds
Would say Shawnta should funnel players to his alma mater, but doubt the trust level is there, even though he played in the alumni game. Maybe JC can use his new regime as a way to overcome it, since he seems to have a lot of respect for GW history.
But overall, this is why you don't screw your alumni, especially sports Hall of Fame alumni.

10/26/2021 1:10 pm  #3

Have to assume he'll be assisting Pete Strickland who I believe received the head coaching job on an interim basis.  Unless I missed it, I don't believe the school has named a permanent head coach yet. 

10/26/2021 1:12 pm  #4

Gwmayhem wrote:

Have to assume he'll be assisting Pete Strickland who I believe received the head coaching job on an interim basis.  Unless I missed it, I don't believe the school has named a permanent head coach yet. 

Correct.

10/26/2021 2:19 pm  #5

Making the pipeline potentially even more complicated.

Board footera