GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2022 1:36 pm  #61

Re: GW vs Dayton Game Thread

50 points in the paint for Dayton.  Make that 52

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (1/08/2022 1:36 pm)

1/08/2022 1:37 pm  #62

Maybe it's more of a punishment to keep them out there?

1/08/2022 1:39 pm  #63

What is really incredible is that even though Dayton has scored 52 points in the paint, they have only been to the line once.     Do you think that maybe we could be a bit more physical inside?

1/08/2022 1:42 pm  #64

Only 4 players have scored. Bench empties with 3:00 left to play.

1/08/2022 1:42 pm  #65

I'm sorry but we were never this lethargic under Mojo.

1/08/2022 1:43 pm  #66

Amir Harris relegated to the end of the bench, with the Knapps and Gallys of the world?

1/08/2022 1:43 pm  #67

One thing that will make me nuts is JC post-game happy talk. Don’t want to rip the team publicly? Totally defensable, but don’t insult us with nonsense.

1/08/2022 1:44 pm  #68

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

What is really incredible is that even though Dayton has scored 52 points in the paint, they have only been to the line once.     Do you think that maybe we could be a bit more physical inside?

GW’s interior defense and interior offense were essentially non-existent today.

1/08/2022 1:48 pm  #69

... a horrible performance, with no positives beyond Brayon Freeman and Joe Bamisile's best James Bishop impression.

1/08/2022 1:48 pm  #70

FredD wrote:

Just waiting for someone to say essentially this to spin things.

Free spin for the Comms team:

"The lack of fans cost us this game. No way Dayton wins when the Smitty is rocking on a Saturday afternoon!"

Last edited by GW0509 (1/08/2022 1:49 pm)

1/08/2022 1:51 pm  #71

Deleo wrote:

The were practicing social distancing.

1/08/2022 1:51 pm  #72

Mentzinger wrote:

... a horrible performance, with no positives beyond Brayon Freeman and Joe Bamisile's best James Bishop impression.

The fact that they played at all is a positive. And now we no longer have to pretend that Bishop is Top 100 callibur player, because against an (almost) top 100 team he looked awful today-- and that is a positive because it means that a more balanced and team-oriented approach can be implemented.
Other than that, one to forget. Quickly.

1/08/2022 1:53 pm  #73

Deleo wrote:

Great point LSF. No fight tells me the team doesn’t believe in the coach all the way. This doesn’t mean I think they hate him. Pandemic and roster turnover is hell, but I can’t believe this is the only possible outcome.

1/08/2022 1:55 pm  #74

Brayon Freeman: Good

Dave Paulson announcing and voice: Not good

1/08/2022 1:58 pm  #75

The Dude wrote:

Dave Paulson announcing and voice: Not good

Dave "Nose Bleed" Paulsen

1/08/2022 2:00 pm  #76

The basketball is as bad as anything I have seen since the Kuester era and to John's credit his team at least always played hard. I understand that the expectation is that JC is getting a least another year, but he has not earned it.  Regardless of the limitations currently on the program GW should be moving on.  Don't believe some of the JC propagandists on this board, there is no short term hope for the program. It is not going to get better.

1/08/2022 2:01 pm  #77

I am really concerned that Freeman will transfer.He has to be sold that he is the future of a much more solid 
team.If ,however, he believes the coach sucks and he is being sold a bill of goods -he’s gone.

1/08/2022 2:06 pm  #78

GW69 wrote:

I am really concerned that Freeman will transfer.He has to be sold that he is the future of a much more solid 
team.If ,however, he believes the coach sucks and he is being sold a bill of goods -he’s gone.

Sadly you could make the case for everyone on the roster to either graduate or transfer out.  What's there to look forward to?  We tried the wait until we can get some BCS transfers and look how it's turned out. A loss to Maryland will be the high water mark for this group.

1/08/2022 2:15 pm  #79

Is this the last game Brendan Adams
Starts over freeman? Gotta make sure Freeman stays

1/08/2022 2:21 pm  #80

loss to Maryland will be the high water mark for this group.

That’s the way it’s looking. A quality loss is the highlight!

I watched Fordham hang tough against Miami. Right now LaSalle and VCU proves GW is the worst team in the A10 by a mile. So am I over reacting to today? I don’t think so.

Board footera