GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2022 7:40 pm  #41

Re: GW vs VCU Game Thread

completely undisciplined.   Game after game, they look like a pickup team that has never played together before.  How anyone can continue to defend Christian is just beyond me.

1/11/2022 7:42 pm  #42

2twooed wrote:

I honestly can’t figure out what JC is trying to do. Our defense is horrible, we don’t box out, and allow dribble penetration at will. Lindo is not a factor on O except to chuck a 3. Offense is just wild 3’s. Bishop is out of control. It’s one thing to lose it’s another to show no progress and little effort. By the way both announcers and especially Fienstein suck.

Bingo!

1/11/2022 7:43 pm  #43

Freeman and Bishop are our best players and, because of their utilization, also our biggest liabilities.

1/11/2022 7:44 pm  #44

Tonya.  Please be watching this.  Please.

1/11/2022 7:45 pm  #45

Does anyone know why the big men are so aggressive helping on screens? Why on earth is Noel Brown coming all the way out past the three point line? It often results in mismatches down low

1/11/2022 7:47 pm  #46

"ML did a very nice job coaching GW but got into a battle with his athletic director and that wasn't just not going to end well." - John Feinstein

1/11/2022 7:48 pm  #47

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Tonya.  Please be watching this.  Please.

What do you want Nero's girl to do, LSF?

1/11/2022 7:49 pm  #48

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

completely undisciplined.   Game after game, they look like a pickup team that has never played together before. 

This is from a few weeks back now but the guys at A10 Stats looked at each team's most used lineups and GW's is the least effective playing together.  Never a good thing for the lineup that sees the floor most often.

1/11/2022 7:50 pm  #49

Mentzinger wrote:

"ML did a very nice job coaching GW but got into a battle with his athletic director and that wasn't just not going to end well." - John Feinstein

No snark, that is actually a pretty accurate summary of what happened.

Last edited by GW0509 (1/11/2022 7:52 pm)

1/11/2022 7:52 pm  #50

Can we get to over  20 turnovers?  JC is making a bundle of cash for not coaching. Pathetic.

1/11/2022 7:53 pm  #51

Missed dunk and follow ups summarize the game so far.

1/11/2022 7:56 pm  #52

That Bamisile dunk over the defender would have been awesome. And then Samuels misses an open layup...

1/11/2022 7:57 pm  #53

Throw it down JoeBam!!!

1/11/2022 7:59 pm  #54

GW0509 wrote:

Mentzinger wrote:

No snark, that is actually a pretty accurate summary of what happened.

He omitted the part about his employer publishing an inaccurate story based on unnamed sources. But it came during a nice contextual lament about the downfall of our program for the understanding of the general public. "Oh George Washington! Weren't they really good in 05-6? They went to the Final Four right?"
That was among the most pathetic halves of basketball I've ever seen from GW, and yes I was on campus during 1-27.

1/11/2022 8:00 pm  #55

GW0509 wrote:

So what you're saying is Fordham beats us by 35 this year.

1/11/2022 8:00 pm  #56

Does anything epitomize this season more than the missed dunk?
Should JC get himself T´d up at some point? Just to try to light a fire?

Forget the game, let´s talk about the local ads they run in Richmond. Loved the pub that advertised "The Biggest TV in RIchmond" (kind of like "the biggest ball of yarn in the Oklahoma panhandle" or "the hottest slots in northeastern Nevada"). And I am intrigued by the funeral home offering crudités at cremation ceremonies. The real estate agent walking around with a sign does not pique my interest, however.
Anything good on Netflix I can watch instead of the 2nd half?

1/11/2022 8:04 pm  #57

42-22 at half.Beginning to feel bad for these young men.They are being poorly served by the adults who are there to guide them.Shameful really.The three defensive stops in a row under the VCU basket are the high
light of the year so far.Showed some real grit.

1/11/2022 8:05 pm  #58

I see that we still haven't learned how to box out or rebound.

1/11/2022 8:06 pm  #59

GW´s court art is waaaaay better than VCU´s, but the VCU band is pretty good.
And a win means VCU fans get half price pizza from a crummy national chain (OK, the 1-27 season students got free Roy´s chicken cupons at one game, which resulted in students getting stomach ailments for a week).

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (1/11/2022 8:08 pm)

1/11/2022 8:07 pm  #60

I’ve been holding out hope to see signs of progress this season. I understand this is the second straight season with a long disruption due to Covid but I just can’t find anything positive to generate hope for the future. I’m not a basketball genius but I can’t see any signs of progress whatsoever over the past three years. Surely even with the disruptions due to Covid, I was hoping we would at least see signs of improving structure on both offense and defense. I see nothing. I would be happy to have someone explain to me where there is progress but from my couch I see nothing that demonstrates that we will be better than Fordham’s cellar partner indefinitely. Someone tell me I’m wrong please because this sucks.

Board footera