GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2019 1:45 pm  #1

Thank You!

Was active on the old board for the past 20 years, but since it devolved been only an occasional lurker.  I hope this sticks, looking forward to having a place to go again to discuss GW basketball

7/22/2019 2:11 pm  #2

Re: Thank You!

I second the thanks FC.

7/22/2019 2:12 pm  #3

Thirded. Appreciate the effort here and looking forward to getting more active in the upcoming season. 

7/22/2019 2:13 pm  #4

Thank you very much! 

7/22/2019 2:35 pm  #5

Likewise! Thanks!

7/22/2019 2:47 pm  #6

Thanks from me too!

7/22/2019 3:11 pm  #7

Thanks for setting this up. Went from checking the other board multiple times a day to checking it once a week.

7/22/2019 3:31 pm  #8

Hoo-Freaking-Ray! Hope this a fine fun place to talk about our rebirth. Nervous about JC’s desire to stay given the one year at Siena. There is no denying the improved talent on the team.

7/22/2019 4:24 pm  #9

Sending along my thanks as well.  Nothing even needs to be said about why this site is needed.

7/22/2019 6:09 pm  #10

FredD wrote:

Nervous about JC’s desire to stay given the one year at Siena. There is no denying the improved talent on the team.

Unfortunately, the threat of our coach being poached is ever present.  I frankly was surprised ML lasted as long as he did and I bet he has second thoughts about not taking the Rutgers job when he had the chance.

In any event, I take the position that if JC is in the position to be hired away that means he did a semi-decent job of turning things around here.  I'll take that as a win after the last 3+ years of irrelevance and ignominy.

7/22/2019 6:53 pm  #11

Thank you.   I will rarely post but now I can read posts without having to wade through the garbage.

7/22/2019 6:59 pm  #12

Right you are mayhem

7/22/2019 10:21 pm  #13

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  Hopefully, this is goodbye forever to the jerks who ruined Herve's site.

7/23/2019 6:15 am  #14

Looks like a terrific site.  I'm looking forward to the season. Here's to a great year. 

7/23/2019 12:51 pm  #15

Sweet.  Back to Hoops. 

7/23/2019 3:24 pm  #16

Who would have thought that in less than 36 hours, there would  be close to 60 people signed up for a new board.    I suspect some will be surprised we even had 60 people who still care about GW basketball, let alone enough to check the old troll board just about every day over the summer such that they heard about this one. 

Just goes to show we have more fans than you might thing and that the appetite for this forum is strong.  

Thanks Barry for taking the initiative. 

7/23/2019 4:07 pm  #17

The one thing that this site may necessarily lack is the ability of admins/people of influence to actually visit, unrestricted, and see what people are thinking.  That can be good and bad, for obvious reasons.  Regardless, I'm glad we have a place to go that isn't bombarded with crap.

7/24/2019 12:21 pm  #18

Piggybacking on this thread to thank DMVpiranha for the early morning (ET) work to get individual threads up for potential recruits. 

7/24/2019 12:35 pm  #19

danjsport wrote:

The one thing that this site may necessarily lack is the ability of admins/people of influence to actually visit, unrestricted, and see what people are thinking.  That can be good and bad, for obvious reasons.  Regardless, I'm glad we have a place to go that isn't bombarded with crap.

Actually, anybody can come to the site and see everything. You only need to be registered if you want to post/comment.  That being said, once we have a decent track record (2 to 3 weeks, I'm thinking) of solid discussion without the hateful spew of the former site, I'll likely reach out to the Athletic Department just to let them know I'm administrator for the site. 

Barry

7/24/2019 3:55 pm  #20

Just looked at the old site.  Looks like Herve took it down for good.  What a shame.  However, thanks to Barry for putting this together.  I got a good feeling about this.

Board footera