GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2022 1:16 am  #1

LONG TIME GW FANS… it’s been a long time

Like a blast from the past
Comes a man all anew
Devoted to his alma mater
Hail to the Buff and the Blue

The last time we did meet -
Was at Lindy’s Red Lion for a seat
Where we shared memories of our lore 
And the history we all adore.

Msy herve be honored for what he did
And the new leaders here thet give
All of us fans a bit of Jarvis glory
And look to next year already for the playoff story.

Levinator out

But still in … always … glad I found this place again

1/17/2022 7:39 am  #2

Re: LONG TIME GW FANS… it’s been a long time

Lev!! Boy Your Levity Is Sorely Missed. Thanks for checking in!

1/17/2022 4:50 pm  #3

Levinator comes back and GW wins. Coincidence?

1/17/2022 6:23 pm  #4

Welcome back Levinator.  Your humor has been sorely needed here. 

I could give you the 5 year recap in about 5 minutes.  Then again, you could probably accurately guess all of it.

1/17/2022 10:05 pm  #5

Where have you been Lev? What a long strange trip it's been since we last heard from you. I had hair the last time I heard from you. Welcome back!

1/18/2022 2:03 pm  #6

Welcome back...how come you left us?

1/19/2022 1:59 am  #7

Mike K wrote:

Welcome back...how come you left us?

I NEVER LEFT YA. I had no idea this board replaced the other one. When I went to the GWhoops - that was favorited - it showed that it wasn’t online anymore.   I just assumed you know who was finkle and finklr was you know who - and the website destroyed.

I would love some of the summaries I wrote lol.  Took me a long time in some of those.

1/19/2022 8:29 am  #8

Welcome to the board! I launched this site to be an alternate to the original message board. Two days later, Herve shut down that site.

We’re glad to have you here!

1/19/2022 12:39 pm  #9

BGF wrote:

Welcome to the board! I launched this site to be an alternate to the original message board. Two days later, Herve shut down that site.

We’re glad to have you here!

Thanks bud. Very happy to have found ya.  I went looking for some of the older recaps I wrote to show my wife and that’s when I ended down the rabbit hole of realizing this is now the surviving board. 

Let’s have some fun !

1/19/2022 1:51 pm  #10

Barry, you are like an unwitting genie, trapped in the lamp after setting the last tenant free. There you shall sit, eternal, or until you in turn capture some tragic soul...

1/19/2022 2:21 pm  #11

Steve wrote:

Barry, you are like an unwitting genie, trapped in the lamp after setting the last tenant free. There you shall sit, eternal, or until you in turn capture some tragic soul...

LOL. 

(Not it)

1/19/2022 2:48 pm  #12

BM wrote:

Steve wrote:

LOL. 

(Not it)

Man- it sure is good to see the lot of ya still posting over hea.  I hope we see success in the court soon so a new generation of GW fans can taste a little bit of glory.   That being said/ many of y’all know or met my boy - who ain’t so little anymore -very pleased to report he’s now a freshman RAT playing D1 lacrosse for the Virginia Military Institute - class of 2022+3 (2025) in the SOCON. Civil engineering and marines.  We always wished GW would have moved from club to D1 in lax.   But he’s blessed to be at that level.

1/19/2022 4:11 pm  #13

Congrats, Lev!

Board footera