GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2022 1:28 pm  #21

Re: Maurice Creek

As of 6 hours ago Mo Creek tweeted he was still in Ukraine where he’s been playing professionally. Prayers up that he makes it out safe and sound.

https://twitter.com/mo_creek/status/1496816204488613898

2/24/2022 1:34 pm  #22

GW0509 wrote:

As of 6 hours ago Mo Creek tweeted he was still in Ukraine where he’s been playing professionally. Prayers up that he makes it out safe and sound.

Yes prayers up for Mo and every other American citizen who has been left to fend for themselves like Afghanistan. Shameful. The Administration warned people to leave but then provided no assistance. Many Americans trapped according to recent reports. If Americans are killed, this Administration will have bigger problems on its hands than it already does.

Last edited by GWRising (2/24/2022 1:35 pm)

2/24/2022 9:31 pm  #23

An article about former Robert Morris player Lucious Jones stuck in Ukraine. With airspace shutdown, players will have to try to cross Ukraine’s border by land.

‘Tell my kids I love them.’ How a N.J. man stuck at the Ukrainian border is fleeing the Russian invasion

https://www.nj.com/news/2022/02/tell-my-kids-i-love-them-how-a-nj-man-stuck-at-the-ukrainian-border-is-fleeing-the-russian-invasion.html

2/25/2022 10:00 am  #24

GWRising wrote:

GW0509 wrote:

Yes prayers up for Mo and every other American citizen who has been left to fend for themselves like Afghanistan. Shameful. The Administration warned people to leave but then provided no assistance. Many Americans trapped according to recent reports. If Americans are killed, this Administration will have bigger problems on its hands than it already does.

Rising, probably not the right time to be making a political statement about this.

2/25/2022 10:01 am  #25

Forgot to add that my thoughts are with Mo and am hopeful that he is safe.

2/25/2022 10:06 am  #26

Gwmayhem wrote:

GWRising wrote:

GW0509 wrote:

Rising, probably not the right time to be making a political statement about this.

If now is not the right time, when would that time be? After American lives are lost? After Mo is (God forbid) harmed?

Last edited by GWRising (2/25/2022 10:08 am)

2/25/2022 12:13 pm  #27

Muscovite's at it again. Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, and Slovak border not far. They are EU and NATO  thank God. Safety there. 

2/25/2022 2:45 pm  #28

GWRising, maybe there isn't a right time at all to politicize this.  Maybe Americans living in Ukraine have known for many, many months that this week's attacks were more than a distinct possibility (Biden did meet with Putin about this in June) and should have made arrangements on their own to leave Ukraine well before this week.  I realize everyone's circumstance is different and this would have been easier said than done for many.  Nevertheless, the notion of these attacks murdering and injuring vast numbers of innocent people, the idea of a dictator making decisions that the majority within his own country are opposed to, the possibility that this could escalate into something far worse than it already is, leads me to say that Americans pointing fingers at other Americans is not a good look right now. 

2/25/2022 4:16 pm  #29

I heard from multiple sources Mo is out of the Country - hopefully this is true.

Prayers to everyone in Ukraine.

2/25/2022 6:38 pm  #30

May be from earlier so things could have changed , but WJLA  Ch.7 just had a segment on Mo on the 6'oclock news tonight.
He was calm, but did say he was "terrified" and his mother "is crying everyday, my father is worried sick and my brothers are calling me nonstop."
    Sports anchor Scott Abraham said that Mo told him that upper management of his team basically bailed on him and the players.
    When the report was filmed, Mo said he was splitting his time between his apartment and a bomb shelter.
Indiana fans seem very concerned and involved and some have contacted a private group, Project Dynamo, to try and help him get out.
     Anyway, with the caveat of other reports here and this is a rapidly moving situation, Mo's story is on 
WJLA.com/sports. Currently the lead story. They said they posted a longer version there. Haven't looked at it because I wanted to get this out to everyone interested.
  Let's keep Mo in our thoughts in this difficult situation.

2/25/2022 6:56 pm  #31

Listened to the first 1/3. Mo sought to leave and had a contract to play in Qatar. He had only been in Ukraine a month/month and a half. Since he helped the team start winning, management downplayed the situation and didn't want him to leave. 
They wouldn't give him a letter of clearance, which Mo said you need to play anywhere else. Also, they wouldn't pay him, so he didn't have the financial resources to leave earlier. He had planned to leave right before the invasion, think that was for Qatar. Earlier, he had just planned to leave and go to another country and have his agent look for another contact.
   But the problems and stalling with management left him in Ukraine. The interview on the website is uncut and conducted by Scott Abraham in his car. So far, it seems to explain a lot.
It's a terrible thing, but let us hope for the best for Mo and Ukraine.

2/25/2022 7:49 pm  #32

Hope he gets out OK and quickly. Wasn´t there a time when GW grads made up a big part of the Ukranian government (before the current clown in charge got elected)? Good to know folks at Indiana still care, just hope their money actually goes to getting him out.

2/26/2022 8:28 am  #33

It sounds like our prayers have been answered

Mo Creek @Mo_Creek·1h 
JUST WANT YALL TO KNOW IM ON MY WAY OUT OF UKRAINE THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP PRAYERS EVERYTHING ALL OF YOU MEAN ALOT TO ME

Last edited by GW0509 (2/26/2022 8:29 am)

2/26/2022 9:40 am  #34

Not out yet

Mo Creek @Mo_Creek·1h
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WOULD BE GETTING OUT UKRAINE TODAY… THE SIRENS GO OFF 😡😡😡

2/26/2022 10:58 am  #35

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Hope he gets out OK and quickly. Wasn´t there a time when GW grads made up a big part of the Ukranian government (before the current clown in charge got elected)? Good to know folks at Indiana still care, just hope their money actually goes to getting him out.

clown?

2/26/2022 11:11 am  #36

Mike K wrote:

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

clown?

Zelensky is a cornered President and Biden offered him evacuation.  Zelensky replied to (insert clown reference) and said "I need ammunition, not a ride."  Certainly a leader going down with the ship.

2/26/2022 9:23 pm  #37

GW0509 wrote:

Not out yet

Mo Creek @Mo_Creek·1h
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WOULD BE GETTING OUT UKRAINE TODAY… THE SIRENS GO OFF 😡😡😡

Saying a prayer for Mo, and all the others in Ukraine.

2/27/2022 8:31 am  #38

2/28/2022 10:39 am  #39

Earlier this morning, I saw clips of Mo Creek's parents being interviewed on Channel 5 and 7 locally. I've posted the one from Channel 7 down below. I also found a twitter account of a person who appears to be part of the effort to get him out of the Ukraine which is also posted down below. The person said he is shielding in a basement in the Ukraine, and they are arranging his evacuation.

https://wjla.com/news/local/creek-maurice-ukraine-russia-putin-prince-georges-county-kyiv-war-invasion-oxon-hill-maryland-biden-europe-sanctions-basketball-pro-pammy-michael-morgan-indiana-  

https://twitter.com/SecEvangelism/status/1498233525497176068   

2/28/2022 10:52 am  #40

Board footera