GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2022 7:05 pm  #21

Re: All Conference Teams

"After not having an All-Rookie selection from 2011-2019, GW has now had two in three years under head coach Jamion Christian"

3/08/2022 10:52 pm  #22

It’s a very good point. When you have two all conference guards? You should be one of the top teams in the league.  It speaks to how weak our frontcourt is big.  JC’s job probably hinges on landing two big time front court players who can then things around for us. If we could get a big man version of the JBs, and another one even at the level of Brendan Adams, we might have something.

3/09/2022 9:32 am  #23

The Dude wrote:

"After not having an All-Rookie selection from 2011-2019, GW has now had two in three years under head coach Jamion Christian"

Yeah I wouldn't give him credit for Battle.

3/09/2022 10:14 am  #24

BM wrote:

The Dude wrote:

Yes and no BM.  JC obviously gets zero credit for recruiting Battle.  He did though coach him and provided the opportunity for his talents to shine.  Sure, it was out of necessity given the talent that MoJo left him, but I do give JC credit for helping Jamison get there.

3/09/2022 11:43 am  #25

BM wrote:

The Dude wrote:

Mojo recruit but only played for JC.
Either way GW has 2 in 3 years after zero between 2011-2018

3/09/2022 11:45 am  #26

Battle's talents would have shined even more if we used his shooting prowess at end of games, if we recall.
And in his second year particularly in the very very very Bishop-centric era, he could have had even more shooting opportunities/plays designed to free him.
  Will preemptively say can't wait to hear the official response that comes after suggesting that something was less than perfect. 

3/09/2022 12:43 pm  #27

Somehow jf Battle took 22 more threes than James but shot only slightly better .354 to .338. Also FWIW, Battle had a whole 10 assists for the season compared to 33 turnovers while Bishop had 87 assists to 61 turnovers. Bishop went to line 106 times versus 47 for Battle in roughly the same number of minutes played. Now tell me again whose hands the ball should be in at the end of games last year?

Statistics are often stubborn things lol.

Last edited by GWRising (3/09/2022 12:45 pm)

3/09/2022 1:53 pm  #28

Gwmayhem wrote:

Yes and no BM.

Battle was a tremendous shooter in HS and the best shooter in that season.  What was JC going to do?  Give JNJ with his massive usage rate and disastrous efficiency even more minutes?

The Dude wrote:

Mojo recruit but only played for JC.

That quote clearly tries to take credit for Battle.  I wouldn't give him the credit.  You can feel free to give him credit for Yinka.

Last edited by BM (3/09/2022 1:54 pm)

3/09/2022 2:34 pm  #29

Actually the quote comes from GW's article, and merely notes that GW has had 2 All Rookie performers in 3 years, after nearly a decade without any.

the constant nitpicking is bizarre.   Every GW fans know he was recruited by Mojo but played for JC. 

How dare GW note something positive!!  I'll take these All Rookie players, you can credit the Pope if you'd like. 

Lets hope we don't go another near decade without any like 2011-19

3/09/2022 2:41 pm  #30

Head Coaches Who Have Won National Collegiate Championships:

Mike Lonergan: 2
Jamion Christian: 0
Maurice Joseph: 0
Karl Hobbs: 0
Tom Penders: 0
Mike Jarvis: 0
John Kuester: 0
Gerry Gimelstob: 0
Bob Tallent:  0
All Other GW Coaches: 0

How much longer do you want to play this pointless, asinine game Dude?

3/09/2022 8:08 pm  #31

The Dude wrote:

Actually the quote comes from GW's article, and merely notes that GW has had 2 All Rookie performers in 3 years, after nearly a decade without any.

Actually, the quote comes from GW´s press release.

Board footera