GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2022 2:30 pm  #1

7 ADF (after dumpster fire)

We are about to enter year 7 after GW's self inflicted disaster. How many more years do we have to endure this pain?

First, I found it humorous that everyone was excited we were a 7th seed and "almost .500 in the conference". Now we know that the 7 through 12 spots were interchangeable in a weak 2nd half of our conference. Also, had we played our game against St Bonnie's, we would have been 8-10. However, none of that matters now.

Will we be having these same discussions 3 to 5 years from now? 

1st thing that needs to happen is get rid of our AD, who never should have been hired in the first place. Has anyone else noticed what has happened to our other sports? Other than men's basketball. Our athletic program sucks now. We can't hire new coaches until we get a new AD.

I used to think JC was here for another 2 years (with a 5 year contract) but I'm not so sure about that now. Did our administration really give a 5 year contract to a .500% coach from the low major conferences when other coaches receive a 4 year deal which seems to be the standard for that level (McCall at UMASS)? Does anybody have p[roof that JC was given a 5 year deal?

Regardless of JC's deal, I don't think they should get rid of him as long as Vogel is the AD. We have seen from the last 2 hires that GW is not a destination job right now and hasn't been since the ML debacle - proof is in the hiring of Mojo then JC. Nothing will change until GW exorcises Tanya Vogel and starts over. Then let a new AD sell the program as being changed from our previous dark history. Until that's done, sit back and enjoy the same old SUCK for the next 6 years.

Raise High everyone!

Board footera