GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2022 9:09 pm  #101

Re: Jameer Nelson Jr

Looks like Brelsford is on his way as well.

3/08/2022 9:14 pm  #102

Bryant won as well?

Jameer SR in attendance.

Delaware is a dangerous team for a round or 2 in the tourney.

Last edited by The Dude (3/09/2022 12:01 pm)

3/08/2022 9:17 pm  #103

They showed Jameer JR, Jameer SR and I'm assuming Jameer's mother embracing moments after the game, they embraced for about a minute it seemed. It's also fitting that Delaware and JNJ won this tournament in D.C.

3/08/2022 9:19 pm  #104

GW0509 wrote:

Looks like Brelsford is on his way as well.

Massive brawl in the stands in that game.  Game resuming after a long break.  It could still go south.

3/08/2022 9:54 pm  #105

70-43 win for Bryant, Brelsford also going to The Dance.

What a beatdown (no pun intended)  Wagner was heavily favored in that game, good team, had beat VCU on the road and 120 NET.

3/08/2022 10:19 pm  #106

The Dude wrote:

70-43 win for Bryant, Brelsford also going to The Dance.

What a beatdown (no pun intended)  Wagner was heavily favored in that game, good team, had beat VCU on the road and 120 NET.

Just to clarify... Wagner was a 3pt dog tonight, so not heavily favored by any sense of the word

3/08/2022 10:45 pm  #107

GW is 1-0 vs teams now in the dance!!!!

After a dreadful, disappointing season with their lowest KenPom rankling in since 2015, Wright St comes from the 4 seed to win the Horizon tourney.

3/08/2022 11:12 pm  #108

21 Wins and a trip to the Dance though (Wright St)

Gonzaga beats St Marys, to lock up the top #1 seed.   their 10th Quad 1 win of the season. Amazing for a WCC school

3/09/2022 6:16 am  #109

Finished near the top half of the A-10 and beat an NCAA Tournament team! Not sure what else we can expect!
JNJ did everything for the Hens: points, assists, steals, even a few blocks.

Last edited by Mentzinger (3/09/2022 6:18 am)

3/09/2022 8:53 am  #110

JNJr hangs a banner and gets 22 wins (so far). Bishop gets 3rd team all-conference. Let the mudslinging debate begin...
I am always glad to see people succeed after GW. I would also be glad to see them succeed at GW, too.

3/09/2022 10:08 am  #111

Congratulations to JNJ and Tyler.  JNJ is a central figure in Delaware's success but interestingly, not really a point guard there either.  As an off guard, James is a far better shooter and scorer but I would take JNJ's rebounding and defense.  I'd call "passing" a draw.  We are very fortunate that Brayon is clearly this GW team's point guard, the only natural point guard of the three.

Incidentally, Delaware did not beat Davidson by 22, they lost to them by 22.  And as gwsb14 correctly pointed out, Wagner was not a prohibitive favorite against Bryant.  Bryant was the #1 seed, played the game on its home court, and was favored to win.

If you're not already, please be careful about what The Dude has to say on this site.  He's in such a rush to post things first that he often gets things wrong.  Between the pathological lies and the ever-growing number of mistakes, I take most everything he has to say here with a grain of salt.  

3/09/2022 10:48 am  #112

Also FWIW, Bryant was damn lucky to be in the championship game in the first place. If it wasn't for a near biblical screwing by the refs, Mount St. Mary's would have beat Bryant in the semis. Hint check out the free throw discrepancy, the fact that Bryant shot more free throws (12) in the last 5 minutes than MSM shot in the entire game despite trailing, and the fact that a bullshit foul was called with 0.8 seconds to decide the game (score was tied).

3/09/2022 12:05 pm  #113

Bryant features the nation's leading scorer, a Rutgers transfer.

They'll be a low seed 15 or 16 but that's another team that could be dangerous in the right matchup

SVP led his show with Jameer

3/10/2022 9:23 am  #114

Moral of the story: Leave GW and you have a chance to succeed during the regular season and beyond. Many, many former GW players are doing just that. Sad.

3/10/2022 12:13 pm  #115

moneybox wrote:

Moral of the story: Leave GW and you have a chance to succeed during the regular season and beyond. Many, many former GW players are doing just that. Sad.

Really??? ...

Bolden - 14-18 overall record vs Providence in BE quarterfinals today
Marfo - 13-16 overall record quarterfinals today vs. Siena
Smith - eliminated in Big South 12-20 record
Battle - eliminated in first round of B10 - tied for worst record in B10
Paar - eliminated in semis of CAA - NIT bound
Nolan - eliminated in semis of CAA - NIT bound
Seymour - eliminated in quarterfinals of AE - 15-13 record
Jack - plays today in MAC quarterfinals 19-10 record but not tournament favorite
Walker - D2
Mezie - eliminated in NEC semis. 14-16 overall record.

The only one who has been on a winning post-season team so far is Nelson (NCAA), Nolan (NIT) and Paar (NIT). "Many, many" would be more than a gross exaggeration since that is only 3 of at least 10 so far this year. That is also particularly interesting since most transferred down. With the exception of Battle and arguably Nelson, why do you think we had the records we had over the past 5 years?. Because we just had so much talent that was misused? LOL.

3/10/2022 2:01 pm  #116

Not exactly true ... Mezie went last year with MSM, for example. Roland, Savage and Kromah all had stellar careers post GW as well.

Last edited by Mentzinger (3/10/2022 2:02 pm)

3/10/2022 2:18 pm  #117

Mentzinger wrote:

Not exactly true ... Mezie went last year with MSM, for example. Roland, Savage and Kromah all had stellar careers post GW as well.

Pellom also beat us with Memphis in the NCAA tournament in 2014.

The moneybox post was a troll. Pretty much every school could lament the talent that has gone on to success at a different school. I’m sure WVU fans are annoyed by Oscar Tshiebwe leaving and becoming the National POY.  I’m sure Wake fans got their panties in a bunch seeing Cavanaugh succeed at GW.

I can understand not really caring about players once they leave GW. I don’t really think it says much about the player because it’s so situation specific.

Last edited by GW0509 (3/10/2022 2:20 pm)

3/12/2022 1:57 pm  #118

Here's an ESPN interview with Jameer Nelson SR and JR discussing Delaware making the NCAA tournament. Jameer SR makes some interesting comments about his son's transfer at the 1:19 mark..."The Team Not Wanting or..Needing Him" JNJ was Delaware's leading scorer this year. 

3/12/2022 2:10 pm  #119

Happy for Jameer and Delaware

Question is, would you rather have Freeman Bam and Bishop?  

I think he's at the right level now.  We're better in the backcourt now. 

3/12/2022 2:47 pm  #120

What boffo publicity for GW, bounced badly in the first full round of the A-10 tournament.
As for the provocative post, who recruited Jameer Jr.? Do we get to choose 3 players for one?
 And by the way, what a gracious and sportsmanlike thing to say when the young man who clearly felt discarded here, gets to celebrate a league championship and going to the NCAA tournament. Let's kick him a few minutes while he's up.

Board footera