GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2022 4:38 pm  #341

Re: Other Games Thread

Won’t happen, but Maryland should consider Becker.

3/12/2022 4:50 pm  #342

Thomas wrote:

GW0509,  I didn't know Becker was also ML's assistant at Catholic U, do you think ML has been advising him on what job to take? I haven't paid that close attention to the Maryland job search, Rick Pitino and USC's Enfield are the big names brought up, but Becker seems to be someone they would consider. The LSU job just opened up, so there could be lots of big-name schools targeting Becker. 

I honestly don't know if ML is advising Becker. The comment about Becker and UConn came from a Lonergan Facebook post.  No clue if it's even true or not.

"John should be the coach at UCONN right now. If UMBC didn’t upset the Catamounts that year I think John would have been hired at UCONN."

What would be interesting to see is if ML wants to take an assistant role with Becker a la Pikiell and Hobbs if Becker ends up at say Seton Hall (assuming Willard goes to MD).  Probably one of the best ways for ML to get back in the game if he wants to.

3/12/2022 10:21 pm  #343

Hunter Catoor (great name) is TORCHING Duke

3/12/2022 10:35 pm  #344

Virginia Tech is the 7 seed in the ACC tournament, same as GW was in the A10 tournament…

3/13/2022 12:38 am  #345

Duke got worked over, blown out down the stretch.

From Wofford, to ACC champion Mike Young. 

Mike Young, was 5-13 in year 5 at Wofford, 6 years in he had not yet had a winning season in the tiny Southern Conference.   Now he's The Coach of the ACC Champions

Board footera