GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2022 9:11 pm  #1

I'm tired of coaches not dressing up anymore

Coaches have become lazy and look like slobs on the sideline. I like how JC keeps it real. If you're making $500k coaching basketball, buy a bunch of custom suits and make it look like you know what you are doing.

You never saw Chuck Daly wearing workout gear. These coaches shouldn't either.

Last edited by Alum '04 (3/12/2022 9:11 pm)

3/12/2022 10:32 pm  #2

Re: I'm tired of coaches not dressing up anymore

3/12/2022 10:35 pm  #3

Alum '04 wrote:

Coaches have become lazy and look like slobs on the sideline. I like how JC keeps it real. If you're making $500k coaching basketball, buy a bunch of custom suits and make it look like you know what you are doing.

You never saw Chuck Daly wearing workout gear. These coaches shouldn't either.

Did you just out yourself as a phony user name?  Zero chance someone who graduated in 2004 would pull Chuck Daly as a reference.  He would have won his NBA titles before an 04 grad was born and retired when an 04 grad was   in HS.

3/12/2022 10:41 pm  #4

Free Quebec wrote:

Did you just out yourself as a phony user name? Zero chance someone who graduated in 2004 would pull Chuck Daly as a reference. He would have won his NBA titles before an 04 grad was born and retired when an 04 grad was in HS.

What are you talking about? I was 7 and 8 years old when Daly won titles with the Pistons. I remember Daly with the 92 Dream Team.

3/13/2022 11:41 am  #5

With all that is going on in the world, this is the subject you wish to draw attention to?
I was always jealous of KH´s suits, guy had a fantastic tailor. Penders looked liked he bought off-the-rack at Ross Dress For Less. And John Callipari was outfitted by the same folks who did the Chippendales, which facilitated his strip tease during the "1" in the 1-27 season. As a The Mount product, shouldn´t JC wear a bow tie?
If a coach wants to look like a schlumpf, so what? Perhaps the students should wear Little Lord Fontenoy outfits and the professors (err... "lecturers") should wear robes and powdered wigs? Dresses below the knees?

3/13/2022 12:24 pm  #6

When it comes to fashion, Kyle Neptune is the leader in the A10 clubhouse with his suit and turtleneck combo.

3/13/2022 3:21 pm  #7

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

With all that is going on in the world, this is the subject you wish to draw attention to?

Lol, you're kidding, right? Just because facism is spreading in Europe doesn't mean I can't talk about coaches' sartorial preferences.

3/13/2022 4:29 pm  #8

Not the biggest issue. But aren't we sponsored by Tailor on Tap, a custom (sent to Asia one would imagine) suit company?
JC and other coaches prob get free suits. He's in what passes for a commercial on the Coach's show.

3/13/2022 4:32 pm  #9

jf wrote:

Not the biggest issue. But aren't we sponsored by Tailor on Tap, a custom (sent to Asia one would imagine) suit company?
JC and other coaches prob get free suits. He's in what passes for a commercial on the Coach's show.

Of course. Sure looks like JC has a clothing endorsement. Thought other coaches had those too.

Board footera