GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2022 4:16 pm  #61

Re: Joe Bamisile

Didn't Battle stick with GW after we got a new coach who reassured him?

3/16/2022 4:16 pm  #62

GW has lost players to transfers, but JoeBam (and Bishop and Dean and many others) were acquired through the portal, too. So the portal giveth and the portal taketh away.
JoeBam was the most exciting player in a GW uniform since Yuta, and it is a pitty we only got to see him in Buff and Blue for a season. He is going to eat up whatever league he winds up in, even if he blows a few dunks that he should lay-in off the glass.

3/16/2022 4:18 pm  #63

I stand corrected. As for the guys other than Battle and Nelson, maybe they had little impact because of poor coaching or, prior to that, bad recruiting decisions by the program. Speaking of that, GW continues to recruit big men because they are big and often they just sit on the bench--like this season. As we all know, GW needs a quality big man in the worst way and the hope is that the new coach will be able to remedy that. 

3/16/2022 4:22 pm  #64

GWRising wrote:

moneybox wrote:

The key to any program is the coach. If the University picks the right one this time, things will certainly work out. And it's not like guys didn't leave during Christian's three seasons: Jamison Battle, Chase Paar, Jameer Nelson, Jr., Ace Stallings, Maceo Jack, Sloan Seymour, Tyler Brelsford, Terry Nolan, Shandon Brown, 

Terry Nolan and Shandon Brown never played for JC. That would be like saying Joe left for the new coach.

Only two of the rest actually impacted team performance - Battle and Nelson

You forgot Mezie, Toro and Shawn Walker lol.

Remember when JC touted Mezie during his initial press conference?

3/16/2022 4:23 pm  #65

Great players leave programs because they want to win and, lately, GW is certainly not the place to be. The key is to hire a coach that will win early and often and that alone will keep quality players here.

3/16/2022 4:24 pm  #66

Indeed, he was initially all over Mezie.

3/16/2022 4:48 pm  #67

GWRising wrote:

No one can be shocked at this and expect a large exodus. More to follow. This is what happens when you remove the coach. 

FredD, as I posted elsewhere a coaching change will negate the rule but usually through a waiver. However, I am sure that GW will not fight it given that these kids came here to play for JC.

GWRising, I believe Jamion was, first and foremost, a player's coach.  I too think we shouldn't be surprised to see James and Brayon also leave. On another note, I wish we had kept Jamion. I believed in him a person, mentor and coach and feel he was short-changed, having been fired after an extremely difficult transition year (read MoJo and the prior administration left him a mess) followed by two tumultuous COVID years. I don't know how GW could expect more than what he gave them, which was a program on the upswing.  Imagine what he could have accomplished with Ira Lee.  I guess that's the world we live in these days. 

Last edited by 22ndandF (3/16/2022 5:12 pm)

3/16/2022 6:07 pm  #68

Do you think Bamisile wants to sit for a year?

3/16/2022 6:12 pm  #69

He will not have to sit a year if he gets a waiver. They are granted if his existing school cooperates and the coach who brought him here is terminated.

3/16/2022 7:18 pm  #70

22ndandF wrote:

GWRising wrote:

No one can be shocked at this and expect a large exodus. More to follow. This is what happens when you remove the coach. 

FredD, as I posted elsewhere a coaching change will negate the rule but usually through a waiver. However, I am sure that GW will not fight it given that these kids came here to play for JC.

GWRising, I believe Jamion was, first and foremost, a player's coach.  I too think we shouldn't be surprised to see James and Brayon also leave. On another note, I wish we had kept Jamion. I believed in him a person, mentor and coach and feel he was short-changed, having been fired after an extremely difficult transition year (read MoJo and the prior administration left him a mess) followed by two tumultuous COVID years. I don't know how GW could expect more than what he gave them, which was a program on the upswing.  Imagine what he could have accomplished with Ira Lee.  I guess that's the world we live in these days. 

Exactly.  

3/16/2022 9:13 pm  #71

GWRising wrote:

22ndandF wrote:

GWRising wrote:

Exactly.  

GWRising, I know the team didn't finish the season on a high note, but I feel the general trajectory of the team was quite good.  Actually, I think it was better than it had been for many years. From what I could tell, I think Tanya not only liked Jamion, but also believed in him.  It seemed like the players played for Jamion and he was brining in better quality players from year to year.   If you agree with that assessment, it follows, that we would have had another much improved team next year as long as James, Joe and Brayon remained. They all seemed to have great respect for Jamion, so I wouldn't think they'd leave as long as they knew their coach wasn't going anywhere.  I know things can change quickly and for all sorts of reasons, but the decision to fire Jamion seems extremely odd to me.  Not sure you know (or would want to say), but could you offer any insight as to why the administration gave up on Jamion?

3/16/2022 9:56 pm  #72

It's pretty clear already why JC should have been given a 4th year. Not gonna be easy for his successor to start with very little talent on his roster.

3/25/2022 10:23 am  #73

Joe Bamisile just released some new music. Everybody listen and tell him we love it!!

https://open.spotify.com/album/4OcaMOGPnCN3iQQQiEy2zS

https://music.apple.com/us/album/lesshome-ep/1615463669

3/25/2022 10:24 am  #74

Also apparently he could be convinced to come back, so every little bit could help

https://twitter.com/a10talk/status/1507047925892980737?s=21&t=BhXv4OZ1nlhWxeHdL0qBPg

4/11/2022 10:36 am  #75

Per Joe's Instagram story it looks like he will be announcing his decision at 6pm today. We have seen him linked to Oklahoma mainly. 

Still holding out some hope

https://instagram.com/stories/joebamisile/2814129604760944528?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

4/11/2022 10:38 am  #76

CAM wrote:

Per Joe's Instagram story it looks like he will be announcing his decision at 6pm today. We have seen him linked to Oklahoma mainly. 

Still holding out some hope

https://instagram.com/stories/joebamisile/2814129604760944528?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Wouldn’t be a scheduled announcement if he were staying.  This is one former player I’ll be rooting hard for.

4/11/2022 10:38 am  #77

Same time the press conference is scheduled to end...

I'm hopeful but not expecting good news.

4/11/2022 12:12 pm  #78

Awkward timing, hopefully not on purpose.

4/11/2022 2:03 pm  #79

If Joe B. decides to transfer and notifies the world at 6:00pm I will lose total respect for him.Stepping on CC’s
press conference that way at that time can only be interpreted as hostile.Why would he do it at that precise time.
It makes a lot more sense that he announces he’s staying.We shall see.

4/11/2022 2:11 pm  #80

GW69 wrote:

If Joe B. decides to transfer and notifies the world at 6:00pm I will lose total respect for him.Stepping on CC’s
press conference that way at that time can only be interpreted as hostile.Why would he do it at that precise time.
It makes a lot more sense that he announces he’s staying.We shall see.

Bingo!

Board footera