GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2022 10:21 pm  #1

Greatest Player Career in GW History

Who would you pick #1?  

I'd think the viable candidates:

The Tallent Brothers
Yinka
Shawnta 
Mike Brown 
Carl Elliott
Joe Holup
Chris Monroe 

Last edited by The Dude (4/17/2022 10:29 pm)

4/17/2022 11:23 pm  #2

Re: Greatest Player Career in GW History

Dang didn't think we were this far into the off season

4/18/2022 11:38 am  #3

Sorry if my above message was rude Dude - just a bit frustrated that by the outflow of players and lack of inflow/related news. I'd imagine now is a pretty critical period and it doesn't sound like we have any solid leads.

4/18/2022 7:01 pm  #4

None taken,  and I do think we have solid leads and some recruiting news on the horizon

GW I think has a really interesting list with about 9 viable candidates, most schools you can point to one clear answer.

I'm torn between Shawnta and Yinka but I could see a case for any of these guys, including Carl Elliott, the winningest player in GW history, and general of 3 straight NCAA trips and a 26-1 #6 ranked team.  Not the best perhaps but "greatest" GW career candidate.

4/19/2022 9:17 am  #5

I am also focused on what our team will look like next year right now, hoping we get some players from the portal to replace those who have left. But while we wait, I will go ahead and bite on this one. Here are my top three, based on best overall career at GW (i.e., not looking at how they did in the NBA, and taking points off for only playing a year or two here):

1. Joe Holup: 2nd in scoring at GW, 1st in rebounding. Joe is actually still 2nd in rebounding in NCAA history!
2. Mike Brown: 3rd in scoring at GW, 2nd in rebounding. Mike was ROY in the A10 and made the 1st or 2nd all A10 team all four years in Foggy Bottom.
3. Shawnta Rogers: 1st in assists at GW, 1st in steals, 2nd in 3 pointers. Shawnta was GW's only A10 POY.

4/21/2022 9:35 pm  #6

Those guys had incredible stats and good choices for sure

Yet .....did anyone have quite the impact on the GW program that Yinka did??

Board footera