GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2022 7:25 pm  #81

Re: GW HIRES CAPUTO

There is a youtube channel called 'Field of 68' which broadcasts college basketball content(interviews and roundtable-like shows). Caputo is being interviewed right now

5/06/2022 9:30 am  #82

Cheat sheet:

6:45 - One more spot to fill on staff.  Confirmed coach Franklin will remain.

16:45 - Talk about NIL.  Working on how to approach.  Very supportive of the idea.

5/06/2022 10:36 am  #83

Thank you Thomas for posting that interview.

I am so skeptical when it comes to GW and NIL and CC is so enthusiastic and positive when it comes to GW and NIL that I can't wait to find out how this unfolds.  He either knows some stuff about this that I don't know (entirely a possibility) or he's talking a great game without fully understanding the general lack of support that GW Athletics receives.  I am rooting for him.

5/06/2022 5:22 pm  #84

5/07/2022 6:59 am  #85

We're still talking about ourselves as an "academic school"? Can anyone provide the data to support this claim (not Top 50 USNW&R last I knew, after being disqualified for submitting bogus data)?
Not sure what our median SAT is these days but pretty sure no one cares, even in admissions.
We have so many limitations, maybe we could limit the ones under our control. Stop saying we're an academic school and using it to hamper recruiting. 
Next you'll tell me Kyrie Irving was admitted to Duke.

5/07/2022 9:06 am  #86

Interesting point.  Since SATs are no longer required at most schools, how should we look at measuring “high academic” schools.  As I visit schools with my son, even what one would consider stronger academic schools admit their SAT score data is skewed - what their “avg” is for a class is actually higher than actual since prospective students only submit scores when it looks good.  If they did not test well or had a poor score, they don’t submit and May get admitted anyway.

Wonder how the Athletic dept counsels prospective recruits in order to get them admitted?  Do they just withhold all standardized testing and hope?  Just adds to the fuzzy picture for sure.

5/11/2022 12:31 pm  #87

5/11/2022 12:55 pm  #88

DMVpirahna had this nailed in the Caputo Staff news Thread!  Nice job DMV!

5/14/2022 6:29 am  #89

@CanesCoachL
Wonderful event at the going away party to Celebrate Coach Chris Caputo becoming the Head Coach of GW. Good luck Chris and Julie.

5/14/2022 8:14 am  #90

Ad for Untuck-it?

5/14/2022 11:34 am  #91

Great photo!

Some real advantages to hiring a guy from a power program, the pipeline, network, connections etc

Board footera