GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2022 9:28 pm  #1

Do we have a team?

Serious question here.  Not being a wise guy.  90s alum who follows GW but not as closely as I used to. 

So with the transfers out, can we field a full team right now or is Caputo behind the 8 ball trying to find what he can so late in the game?  Not a knock on him, etc.  I’m just curious where we sit.  Maybe some of the more plugged in folks could clue me in?

5/15/2022 9:44 pm  #2

Re: Do we have a team?

We are one of 6 A10 teams with at least 3 open scholarships for the 2022-23 season: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgSo3xymzu43nF20xkXOkJ3ESDx8NPg1fen0PQ1fGuY/edit?usp=drivesdk

La Salle takes the cake with 7 openings.

So to answer your question, i suppose lower half of middle of the league in readiness which feels about right after a coaching change.

Last edited by cagwu (5/15/2022 9:44 pm)

5/16/2022 11:46 am  #3

Re: Do we have a team?

JP wrote:

Serious question here.  Not being a wise guy.  90s alum who follows GW but not as closely as I used to. 

So with the transfers out, can we field a full team right now or is Caputo behind the 8 ball trying to find what he can so late in the game?  Not a knock on him, etc.  I’m just curious where we sit.  Maybe some of the more plugged in folks could clue me in?

Yes we have a team.  Think of it this way - we only lost two players in Bam and Brayon (albeit 2 of our top 3 players) and we retained one player in Lindo, who we all expected to leave.   As far as know, the only incoming freshman, Jabari West, is still coming and everyone else is staying. 

We obviously need some guards (and if Keegan Harvey is another Hunter Dean, then we need a new big, but not the highest priority since we have Dean, Harvey, and Brown to eat up minutes), but most of last year’s disappointing team is still back. 

Other thing to remember is that because of when he was hired, Caputo got a late start so I think he’s trying to hold down expectations for year 1.

Board footera