GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2022 9:22 am  #21

Re: Diaz Steps Down

Gwmayhem wrote:

GWRising wrote:

GW69 - Let me be as clear as I can. I am not suggesting Diaz left solely or mostly because of the JC termination. I am saying that my information is that Diaz was forced to go. The reasons for why he was forced to go are apparently numerous. My understanding was that he has alienated many across campus. If nothing else, the JC termination was just another example of his meddling in things he should not have had the power to meddle in. I believe the hospital deal also had a big role in this too. I have heard from too many different sources that would know that Diaz wanted JC gone as early as the end of last season and made his feelings on that subject well known.

He is also the guy who apparently authorized, approved or pushed for an approximately $1.8 million dollar buyout of JC's Siena contract. So while GW was claiming it has no money, it effectively spent close to $1.35 million per year if you amortize this amount over 3 years. As much as I like JC, this is a terrible investment decision if you weren't going to give the guy 5 years. Also, if you were going to spend that amount, you probably could have interviewed a different level of coach. The whole thing is mind-boggling.

So when I say justice was done, I don't give a flip what actually led us to this point. The justice is that Diaz is not going to be able to meddle in areas he has no business meddling in anymore at GW. We have an AD. Her job is to make the decisions for the athletic department free from interference. As I said, too late to save JC but maybe Caputo and others will benefit.  

Also, I can tell you without reservation not many tears are being shed in Foggy Bottom right now from any corner..

$2 million-$3 million to Lonergan not to coach
? buyout to MoJo not to coach (I do not know this number but it is likely nominal.)
$1.8 million to Siena 
Approx. $1.3 million to JC not to coach

We may very well lead the country in "dead money" over the past 6 years.

Don't forget money paid to PN and Jen Rizzotti - probably another 1.5-2 million total.

One thing is certain at GW, we never have enough money to do things right the first time but we sure have enough money to do things wrong over and over again. SMH.

Besides the bad decision making, essentially GW has been asking for donations to fund these bad decisions although they wouldn't draw a nexus between the two for obvious reasons. But that is the net effect. That's part of my issue with this whole thing. Let's assume all the buyouts totaled $8 million. We'd have the damn practice facility built by now among other things. Putting aside whether you think JC should have been let go or whether Caputo is the right guy, don't you think any coach at GW would have at least have a fighting chance with adequate facilities?

6/03/2022 9:29 am  #22

My only comment is this;the grandiosity of some of the folks on this board is truly breathtaking.

Last edited by GW69 (6/03/2022 9:33 am)

6/03/2022 1:02 pm  #23

69, those same "folks" have been following and SUPPORTING GW basketball longer than you've been alive!
We are a perpetual dumpster fire here at GHW, and it's not just athletics.
Time for the cycle to start all over, with a new CFO, new Pres eventually, and I'm praying a new AD.

6/03/2022 1:11 pm  #24

Since 1946?

6/04/2022 2:06 pm  #25

GW69 wrote:

Since 1946?

1946?????

Assuming you were 18 then ... much respect because you are about 94 today and still posting here lol. Did you mean 46 or 66?

Last edited by GWRising (6/04/2022 2:07 pm)

6/04/2022 7:35 pm  #26

GWRising wrote:

GW69 wrote:

Since 1946?

1946?????

Assuming you were 18 then ... much respect because you are about 94 today and still posting here lol. Did you mean 46 or 66?

Rising, I hope you didn’t go to gw grad school for English or math 😂 you told gw69 that folks had supported Gw since before he was alive. He pointed out he was born in 1946, which would be a long time for folks to be supporting gw. That would make him 76. You added 18 years for some reason!

6/04/2022 8:26 pm  #27

Just read the above posts.Love you both.Brought a smile to my faceI really do enjoy GW boardhost .
It’s become an important part of my life.Every day I check in to see what’s up.Thanks to all of you
Hope we all hang in here for a long time.I’m looking forward to the upcoming season.Dare I say-“Raise High”.

6/06/2022 9:09 am  #28

danjsport wrote:

GWRising wrote:

GW69 wrote:

Since 1946?

1946?????

Rising, I hope you didn’t go to gw grad school for English or math 😂 you told gw69 that folks had supported Gw since before he was alive. He pointed out he was born in 1946, which would be a long time for folks to be supporting gw. That would make him 76. You added 18 years for some reason!

Lol I read it quickly and was thrown off by the word "since" meaning I supported since 1946. But you should take your own criticism because your own reading comprehension isn't much better. - it was Joel Joseph who said the original statement not me.

6/06/2022 10:40 am  #29

The three of us should go to lunch sometime—-“whose on first”?How long would it take us to split the bill!

6/06/2022 11:24 am  #30

GWRising wrote:

danjsport wrote:

GWRising wrote:

1946?????

Lol I read it quickly and was thrown off by the word "since" meaning I supported since 1946. But you should take your own criticism because your own reading comprehension isn't much better. - it was Joel Joseph who said the original statement not me.

Seems like we all nailed this one!

6/06/2022 11:51 am  #31

danjsport wrote:

GWRising wrote:

danjsport wrote:

Seems like we all nailed this one!

Agreed. 

Board footera