GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2021 8:14 am  #61

Re: Matthew Moyer

Speaking of Matt, he has turned pro.   Too bad....he would have helped next season.   Matt has shown me that you can have so so “power conference” numbers (as all of our new transfers have) and still excel at our level.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (4/02/2021 8:17 am)

4/02/2021 9:42 am  #62

One thing with Matt is he really seemed to find his role midway through the season as a relentless rebounder and a guy who could play the Yuta role of playing shut down defense on smaller guards.  His offense was a bit shaky, but once he tried to force things less and focus on his strengths, he did seem to click. 

It’s just too bad we never got even one game of Bishop, Battle, Lindo, and Moyer playing together.

4/04/2021 7:20 pm  #63

Dave Spiller @spillerreport6h 
Commentator @3X3UHoops said @matthewmoyer13 is the best defender in the entire tournament! We agree! @A10MBB @GW_MBB 

7/20/2022 6:31 pm  #64

7/21/2022 8:40 am  #65

Great find! But two questions come to mnid:
1) What is with the Vandy cap?
-and-
2) Why must it be a son? Would having a daughter suceed in basketball not be satisfying?

7/21/2022 9:11 am  #66

Haha
Was wondering the same things.
Although he only mentioned GW when talking about college

7/21/2022 2:27 pm  #67

Thank you for posting this FC.  Matt played in 26 of his team's 35 games this past season.  The team finished 19-16.  Matt averaged 18.1 minutes which was 7th on the team among those who played at least as many games as him.  He averaged 5.8 points and 4 rebounds per game, shooting over 61% from the floor.  (Lots of dunks, I am assuming, based on the video.)

I certainly hope his playing career continues, and takes him to where he'd like to be playing.

Board footera