GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2022 7:41 pm  #41

Re: GW games on YouTube

I am actually excited about this year, primarily due to the hiring of a new coach, but aslo the delusional belief that we have more talent on the team than some of you are giving us credit for, and the fact that I my finally get to go to a full seasons worth of games for the first time in 3 years.     On the flip side, like I have said in the past, that excitement all goes down the toilet with our first loss to the likes of a Longwood or UMBC.

9/06/2022 8:00 pm  #42

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

I am actually excited about this year, primarily due to the hiring of a new coach, but aslo the delusional belief that we have more talent on the team than some of you are giving us credit for, and the fact that I my finally get to go to a full seasons worth of games for the first time in 3 years.     On the flip side, like I have said in the past, that excitement all goes down the toilet with our first loss to the likes of a Longwood or UMBC.

I really think LSF´s doctor needs to up the dose when November rolls around because it is clear that warm weather and a GW basketball team yet to lose any games makes him  a chipper fellow. I wish I shared his optimism, but alas I live in a jurisdiction where legal psychotropics are not as readily available as where he lives. Still, better coaching and a improved play from a couple of players could be all this team needs to move above .500. Then again, we were all happy to see JC come on board.

9/07/2022 12:32 am  #43

Very cool video 

That was a loaded 1st place  Rutgers team lost only 3 games in the A10 slate and made the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney

Def Cool to see 80s GW.  

9/20/2022 9:37 pm  #44

I wasn't sure about posting this one because of how it ended, but this was the turnaround season for GW and may be one of the few Smith Center games that you'll find in its entirety from this time period. The uploader is a UMass fan, not surprisingly he didn't post any of the games where those highly ranked UMass teams lost to GW!!

11/09/2023 12:49 am  #45

11/09/2023 7:56 am  #46

What a great way to start the day!

A couple of things stick out to me after the first half:

1. The broadcast pointing out how Hobbs liked to have a team full of interchangeable tall and skinny guys (minus Rice who was neither).

2. That pressure defense.  Dare I say it was Mayhem? Points off turnovers for GW in the first half: 19 to 3. 

3. The old George mascot.

4. The length of the shorts.  Compare Carl Elliott or Noel Wilmore with DBJ and GJ on Tuesday.

5. The A10 tournament should've never left AC.

Last edited by GW0509 (11/09/2023 8:09 am)

Board footera