GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2022 11:54 am  #1

Kerr and Patsos and Full TV Schedule

This figures to be a big upgrade from the last year duo.

Frankly, Kerr is at his best solo, the Dave guy last year was horrendous.

Raise your hand if you expected Patsos at GW!

Also, The Raise High at GW Coaches Show returns for a third season with shows airing every other Saturday during the course of the year. The first episode is scheduled to air Saturday, November 5 at 11 a.m.

This season, GW is proud to welcome former Siena and Loyola (Md.) head coach Jimmy Patsos to its coverage. Patsos will provide color commentary alongside Byron Kerr during games in addition to contributing to Raise High at GW with men's basketball head coach Chris Caputo.

In total, NBC Sports Washington will air four men's basketball games and five women's basketball contests on its flagship channel.

The regional partnership comes in addition to GW's previously announced national television schedule. A full television schedule is below:

GW Men's Basketball TV Schedule
Saturday, November 26 - 2 p.m. vs. New Hampshire (NBC Sports Washington)
Wednesday, November 30 - 9 p.m. vs. South Carolina (CBS Sports Network)
Thursday, December 22 - 9 p.m. vs. Washington State (ESPN2/ESPNU)
Friday, December 23 - TBD vs. Hawai'i/Pepperdine (ESPN2)
Sunday, December 25 - TBD (ESPN2/ESPNU)
Saturday, January 7 - 2 p.m. vs Massachusetts (USA)
Saturday, January 14 - 4 p.m. vs. Saint Louis (NBCSW)
Monday, January 16 - 4 p.m. vs. George Mason (CBSSN)
Saturday, January 21 - 12:30 pm. vs. Dayton (USA)
Saturday, February 4 - 2 p.m. vs. Duquesne (NBCSW)
Wednesday, February 15 - 7 p.m. vs. George Mason (NBCSW)
Sunday, February 19 - 2 p.m. at St. Bonaventure (USA)
Saturday, March 4 - 4:30 p.m. vs. VCU (USA)

Last edited by The Dude (10/25/2022 11:55 am)

10/25/2022 4:07 pm  #2

Re: Kerr and Patsos and Full TV Schedule

link to GW site article https://gwsports.com/news/2022/10/25/mens-basketball-nbc-sports-washington-to-air-nine-gw-basketball-games.aspx.    I unforunately can't get the local DC station out here in the wild west.

Last edited by BC (10/25/2022 4:12 pm)

10/25/2022 7:44 pm  #3

You might be able to find a stream for those games

Speaking of which, I take it the other GW games will be on ESPN+ again this year?

10/25/2022 8:00 pm  #4

I believe all NBC Sports Washington games will also be on ESPN+

10/26/2022 8:24 am  #5

Florida Colonial wrote:

I believe all NBC Sports Washington games will also be on ESPN+

I am nearly certain that is the case. I find the picture quality on the RSN games to be better and for where GW is in the basketball firmament the announcing crew is better than I expected.

Last edited by FredD (10/26/2022 8:25 am)

10/26/2022 9:14 am  #6

That would be good news.  Thanks Fred and FC

10/26/2022 12:37 pm  #7

Do we have any away games on ESPN+?

10/26/2022 1:14 pm  #8

The answer is yes according to gwsports.com

https://gwsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule?path=mbball

10/27/2022 7:50 pm  #9

Is Patsos any good on the air? Amazing how anyone who spent the minimal amount of time working for Gary gets choice broadcasting or media jobs around DC.

Chris Knoche, for example, who I absolutely loathe. Cannot believe that guy has any credibility here.

10/27/2022 8:30 pm  #10

I've only read interviews and seen his in-studio work, but Patsos is the type of guy who has a story for every situation, is super well-rounded and intelligent, and knows the game of basketball, particularly in this region, inside and out. I'm eager to hear how he does in game, but I am very, very optimistic about him on the call.

10/27/2022 9:17 pm  #11

So ends the GW broadcasting career of David Earl?

10/27/2022 10:00 pm  #12

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Yes, thankfully. He's working at the UVA Center of Politics now.

https://twitter.com/dtearl?s=20&t=s-cLzO-sYBjPkOkgtXif6w

10/27/2022 10:31 pm  #13

Since Dave has moved on from his employment at GW,  I'm sure he will really miss his unpaid broadcast gigs and the gratuitous crap from the peanut gallery. Best part of being a GW fan is the brilliance and tolerance of its fans.

10/28/2022 9:43 am  #14

David was not  simply a student doing the game on the student radio station and being graded on his performance  If that was the case, then it would be one of those rare occasions that I could agree with what Poogs statement. David was an employee of the university and somehow becamse part of the broadcast team that covered the team, at least for home games.   When you put yourself out there in that type of position, you also subject yourself to criticism of your performance from the listeners.   I like David and did not mean my post as being critical...in fact with my being in attendance at the games, I rarely got to hear him.  My criticisim was more that we had an amateur doing color on the games when in my opinion, it should have been someone with, for lack of a better term, more credentials, such as Patsos.    Its okay to be critical of things GW Poog...it doesn't make you intolerant or unintelligent or less of a fan. 

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (10/28/2022 9:56 am)

10/28/2022 9:58 am  #15

Figured I'd do some digging on his in-game work, and at least some folks seem to like Patsos when he's called Wizards games. He'll also be calling Towson games on the network.

10/28/2022 10:45 am  #16

You mean David Earl was not paid anything additionally to be part of GW's broadcast team?  Is that even legal?  Even extras without any speaking lines in movies get paid something for their time.

10/28/2022 3:51 pm  #17

creeksandzeeks wrote:

I've only read interviews and seen his in-studio work, but Patsos is the type of guy who has a story for every situation, is super well-rounded and intelligent, and knows the game of basketball, particularly in this region, inside and out. I'm eager to hear how he does in game, but I am very, very optimistic about him on the call.

Good to hear! I'll have to check him out.

Last edited by Alum '04 (10/28/2022 3:51 pm)

10/28/2022 3:55 pm  #18

Poog wrote:

Since Dave has moved on from his employment at GW,  I'm sure he will really miss his unpaid broadcast gigs and the gratuitous crap from the peanut gallery. Best part of being a GW fan is the brilliance and tolerance of its fans.

Exactly. I have met Dave over the years. Great dude.

We should commend the university for investing in an experienced color commentator for 2022-23.

Board footera