GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2022 11:27 am  #22

Re: GW vs Virginia St Game Thread

We should not overlook anyone this season--including a Division ll school.  Virginia State beat Division lll Virginia-Lynchburg by 46 in their opener. The Trojans have some size--our potential weakness --so we need to be ready..

11/07/2022 11:46 am  #23

My plan is to watch with a nice Italian Red and my home made pasta with mushroom sauce.I will be  watching the stream for a few gems today:
1. Will Dean not react to every fake while playing D in the paint?
2. Will Brown find that power in the O-paint that he had in the summer?
3. Can Bishop and Dean get their pick  and  roll going this year?
4. Have we found the scorer that we need at the 3 in Edwards?
5. Who will become the "Lindo that we want" first Lindo or Samuels?
6. Will West be this year's Nixon?
7. Will Nixon be this year's Samuels?
8. Will Caputo turn to Clark or Harris as a second point?
9. Can Caputo establish a sense within the fan base that he can keep a balance team on the floor?
10. Will Harvey be part of any of Caputo's rotations against good  teams?
and finally,
11. Will one glass of wine get me through the game?

Last edited by russianthistle (11/07/2022 11:48 am)

11/07/2022 12:09 pm  #24

Good questions.
Hopefully, you can save the last one for a bit later in the season.

11/07/2022 12:58 pm  #25

russianthistle wrote:

My plan is to watch with a nice Italian Red and my home made pasta with mushroom sauce.I will be  watching the stream for a few gems today:

I am grilling a (grass-fed) steak with a smoked chilli rub, grilled zucchini, fresh steamed asparagus and sesotho-style bap/papa. Tonight´s wine pairing is a Syrah with the planned digestif a chocolate liqueur (although if things go south, there is an extra-sized bottle of cheap vodka on stand-by). 

11/07/2022 1:21 pm  #26

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

russianthistle wrote:

I am grilling a (grass-fed) steak with a smoked chilli rub, grilled zucchini, fresh steamed asparagus and sesotho-style bap/papa. Tonight´s wine pairing is a Syrah with the planned digestif a chocolate liqueur (although if things go south, there is an extra-sized bottle of cheap vodka on stand-by). 

Student here, will be enjoying a fine beer (Natural Light) and grilling before I head into the Charles Entertainment Smith Center

11/07/2022 1:39 pm  #27

RyanPuleo wrote:

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

russianthistle wrote:

Student here, will be enjoying a fine beer (Natural Light) and grilling before I head into the Charles Entertainment Smith Center

Bring all your friends (and classmates) with you tonight and for every home game. Be sure they all make noise.
We will discuss the meaning of "fine beer" at a later date...

11/07/2022 1:58 pm  #28

I'll be dining on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on artisan bread, accompanied by an ice cold Yoohoo! Eat and drink your hearts out!

11/07/2022 2:07 pm  #29

GWAA-Where do you live?I want to join you for dinner!!

11/07/2022 7:03 pm  #30

Is there any way to stream this without an ESPN+ subscription? My usual sitez don't have it

11/07/2022 7:08 pm  #31

Student section is fullest I’ve ever seen, and it’s a Monday night game

11/07/2022 7:11 pm  #32

What’s up with Patsos’ voice?

11/07/2022 7:17 pm  #33

GW off to a fast start, up 13-6.   

The Student section is packed to the top of the 2nd level rafters

11/07/2022 7:21 pm  #34

An athletic move by Brown

11/07/2022 7:32 pm  #35

I can understand about a third of what Patsos says

11/07/2022 7:38 pm  #36

Should be David Korn. Way better.

WisconsinColonial2021 wrote:

I can understand about a third of what Patsos says

11/07/2022 7:47 pm  #37

Does Patsos still have his lunch in his mouth or maybe a cigar.

11/07/2022 7:48 pm  #38

Marbles

11/07/2022 8:07 pm  #39

Looking OK against a D2 school so far. Need to see more effort second half

11/07/2022 8:07 pm  #40

Early thoughts:
Is it just my feed or are audios levels erratic?
Student turnout is great. Hopefully they all come back Friday, and if Howard students schlep over it would make for a great atmosphere.
Someone needs to tell Pastos that Kerr is enough of a homer that we do not need the colour guy to also cheerlead and talk about "we". They seem to be talking over each other quite a bit, the more they get used to each other the less that will happen.
Speaking of cheerleaders, it looks like GW has enough cheerleaders/dancers to over-capacity one of the big lecture halls in Building C.
The team looks like one playing its first game under a new coach-- lots of slopball and turnovers mixed with some things that work. When shots are falling, all is good. But when they are not, better they are playing a good sparring partner than a top conference rival.
Did anyone think Bishop would pass the ball on that last possession coming out of the time out at the end of the half? That kind of selfish garbage used to earn guys extra red lines at the next practice...
Not Lindo´s night. It happens.
Who is 14? Has he ever eaten a carbohydrate in his life? Some conditioning and his footwork should improve; there is potential there, he could be a diamond in the rough.
Based on these first 20 mins, I am not making plans for March, but I am not hitting the sauce yet, either.

Board footera