GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2022 8:46 am  #1

Does Caputo own a suit?

I say that in jest because of course he does. But I haven't seen him dress up for a game yet and that continues a disappointing trend of college basketball coaches not dressing up for games.

The trend began at first in late 2020 because, supposedly, there were no fans in arenas to dress up for. Now they simply don't dress up for whatever reason.

Yeah, I know haters, you'll attack me because you don't like dressing up and don't like people suggesting that men making $800,000 should be dressing up for certain work events. It's just disappointing. Pretend like you really care.

Bob McKillop thinks this trend sucks.

11/23/2022 10:04 am  #2

Re: Does Caputo own a suit?

Hater here... 

Coach attire is a choice that isn't happening in a vacuum. Coaches are - generally speaking - control freaks. If Chris Caputo is wearing a branded team quarter-zip and athletic slacks, it is because he has likely thought about factors including performance and the image he projects publicly and to (most importantly) his team.

I trust the coach to make the right decision for himself on this. 

Also... Who the hell wants to wear a suit. 

::whispers:: nerds

Last edited by Steve (11/23/2022 10:23 am)

11/23/2022 10:19 am  #3

Nerds do NOT like to wear suits.  That's slander/libel raised to the utmost degree.   Tees and jeans (without pre-made holes) are de-rigor.or de rigueur for correctness freaks.

11/23/2022 10:22 am  #4

#NotAllNerds

11/23/2022 10:24 am  #5

Steve wrote:

Hater here... 

Coach attire is a choice that isn't happening in a vacuum. Coach's are - generally speaking - control freaks. If Chris Caputo is wearing a branded team quarter-zip and athletic slacks, it is because he has likely thought about factors including performance and the image he projects publicly and (most importantly) to his team.

You make a good point about the branding.  Surprised Adidas, Nike, UA, et al hadn't pushed coaches into wearing more athletic gear on the sideline earlier.  Some coaches have individual deals with the brand in addition to whatever deal the brand has with the school.

11/23/2022 10:36 am  #6

Is this really important?  If Caputo can bring this program back, he can walk around in a bird suit for all I care.

11/23/2022 11:08 am  #7

Oh this is definitively unimportant

11/23/2022 12:41 pm  #8

Both GW teams' coaching staff are dressed in casual attire this year. Can't imagine that's not a preferred fashion choice for them. While Jarvis, Joseph and Christian were obviously sartorial aficionados, Lonergan would undoubtedly have been right at home in the current attire. On the women's side, doubt McKeown, Bozeman, Tsipis, Rizzotti or McCombs would complain about today's clothing decision. Actually, I think it's a good thing. Some of the assistants were more fashion conscious than their bosses. And at least at GW, don't believe assistants are pulling in the big bucks. Whatever tax writeoff they might be able to claim as work clothes, who needs the hassle of bringing your work clothes on a hangar?

11/23/2022 8:49 pm  #9

Poog wrote:

Both GW teams' coaching staff are dressed in casual attire this year. Can't imagine that's not a preferred fashion choice for them. While Jarvis, Joseph and Christian were obviously sartorial aficionados, Lonergan would undoubtedly have been right at home in the current attire. On the women's side, doubt McKeown, Bozeman, Tsipis, Rizzotti or McCombs would complain about today's clothing decision. Actually, I think it's a good thing. Some of the assistants were more fashion conscious than their bosses. And at least at GW, don't believe assistants are pulling in the big bucks. Whatever tax writeoff they might be able to claim as work clothes, who needs the hassle of bringing your work clothes on a hangar?

Oh geez. Stop acting like the assistants are making $37000 right out of college, which is what I did and was able to afford a couple decent suits. These assistants make more than that. Yes, the director of basketball operations might make that but my point remains.

11/23/2022 8:51 pm  #10

GW0509 wrote:

You make a good point about the branding.  Surprised Adidas, Nike, UA, et al hadn't pushed coaches into wearing more athletic gear on the sideline earlier.  Some coaches have individual deals with the brand in addition to whatever deal the brand has with the school.

Great point and it wouldn't surprise me if the brands were behind this for this exact reason. Suits don't have brands on them and I like how guys in the US don't wear team logos on suits like many soccer coaches do in Europe.

Last edited by Alum '04 (11/23/2022 8:56 pm)

11/24/2022 3:11 am  #11

My two cents, I don't really care what the coaches wear

11/26/2022 3:29 pm  #12

Don’t care but if this trend was around 35 years ago we would have missed the Calipari  striptease when GW won the “1” in our 1-27 season

Board footera