GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2023 8:45 pm  #41

Re: GW vs Richmond Game Thread

So frustrating I can't type.

1/04/2023 8:45 pm  #42

Shots haven’t been falling, but they stayed poised, until about the 4 minute mark. Falling apart now…

1/04/2023 8:46 pm  #43

GW73 wrote:

Frustrating to se us 5 for 23 from 3. When he aren't hitting from 3, how about riving to the basket where we are above 60 per cent from 2.

Not sure we have the stamina to even do that right now.  Edwards just missed a close one short.

1/04/2023 8:47 pm  #44

only down 9 now

1/04/2023 8:49 pm  #45

The overall talent on this roster--and now minus Clark for the rest of the season--is woefully lacking. If Bishop AND Adams don't have big games, forget it! The bench is non-existent.

1/04/2023 8:51 pm  #46

21 foul shots to our 6? Who are these refs? 

1/04/2023 8:55 pm  #47

Will we see these same refs again?

1/04/2023 8:56 pm  #48

I still don't get it. Bishop and Adams are great at driving to the basket to score and overall we have an excellent 2-point shooting percentage. Let's be honest -- Bishop and Admas are not excellent 3 pt shooters. So explain to me why does CC have us shooting so many 3 pt shots?

1/04/2023 8:56 pm  #49

GW 5-25 from three point land and getting a total of 8 offensive rebounds. It is not the refs that are costing GW this game.

1/04/2023 8:57 pm  #50

UR covers the spread

1/04/2023 8:57 pm  #51

No cover (+8.5). Lost last 6 in a row to the itsy bitsies.

1/04/2023 8:59 pm  #52

GW73 wrote:

I still don't get it. Bishop and Adams are great at driving to the basket to score and overall we have an excellent 2-point shooting percentage. Let's be honest -- Bishop and Admas are not excellent 3 pt shooters. So explain to me why does CC have us shooting so many 3 pt shots?

I mean, if you watched the game, you would see that they collapsed everyone when James or Adams drove and dared us to shoot threes. We got tons of open shots, just couldn’t make them today. Oh to have. Jameson Battle or even Greg Collucci on this team.

1/04/2023 9:04 pm  #53

21 missed three point shots. And GW still shot 41 percent from the floor. Adams and Brown combined for 5 points, 8 missed treys, 7 fouls, no ft´s. Not much more analysis needed of tonght´s performance.
Since this team shoots threes the way Kevin McCarthy wins Speaker votes, perhaps a change in strategy is in order.

1/04/2023 9:06 pm  #54

Refs don't matter if we could do better than 5 for 26 on 3 pt shots. (Richmond 5 for 14. from 3 pt.) 
Excellent game for us other than 3 pt shooting. Bishop is exceptioanl basketball player, but not an exceptional 3 pt shooter. Now 31 for 99 for the season. 

1/04/2023 9:09 pm  #55

GW now shooting 31.7 percent this season from behind the arc but still almost a third of all shots are three pointers. Basically, 7 of 10 trey attemprts are misses, and three pointers are a third of the offense. ´Nuf said,

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (1/04/2023 9:13 pm)

1/04/2023 9:13 pm  #56

Free Quebec wrote:

GW73 wrote:

I mean, if you watched the game, you would see that they collapsed everyone when James or Adams drove and dared us to shoot threes. We got tons of open shots, just couldn’t make them today. Oh to have. Jameson Battle or even Greg Collucci on this team.

Actually, I watched the game. Good things happened when we drove to the basket. I saw us make 20 of 35 shots when we attempted 2 pt shots. I agree we don't have anyone who can consistently hit 3 pt shots. So whjy shoot so many.

1/04/2023 9:14 pm  #57

Agree with FQ.  The 3's were left wide open tonight, we just couldn't hit them, especially late everything was short.  Also have to remember we've basically been on the road for a month.  I think the team is ready for some home cooking and cheering on by George's Army.

We are best in transition but that comes with exerting a lot of energy.  The more we try to slow things down on offense, the worse we get because we're not a very good passing team.  Not sure the best way to remedy this issue.

Looks like we may actually have a good shot to win vs. SLU at home since it will be a whole week of rest between our next game vs. UMass.  But these back-to-back road games don't help with our depleted bench.

1/04/2023 9:21 pm  #58

Got to admire Brendan. Even when he's off,doesn't stop trying 3 pointers.
And yes, we need to reconsider our love affair with the 3, as it is often unrequited.
   As noted after Loyola,we need to find a way to win when we're not really lighting it up from the 3.

1/04/2023 9:46 pm  #59

I have been so impressed with Bishop's improvement this season, but tonight in the last 10 minutes of the second half he reverted to hero ball Bishop. I understand he is our best shooter, but Richmond shut him down repeatedly and he threw away pass after pass or took ill-advised circus shots. What bothered me the most was on three such occasions of being stripped or simply turning it over, Bishop frustrated, only jogged back to play defense. On two such instances Richmond then took the ball directly to the hoop while Bishop was merely at half court. 

Coach had been pretty good earlier in the season pulling Bishop for a second when hero ball tendencies appeared, but I missed it if he was sat or talked to tonight. In some instances, Bishop needs to carry this team on his back, but tonight he needed to give the ball up more when the double teams on his left hand side kept coming. 

1/04/2023 9:56 pm  #60

Buff&BlueBandit wrote:

Coach had been pretty good earlier in the season pulling Bishop for a second when hero ball tendencies appeared, but I missed it if he was sat or talked to tonight. In some instances, Bishop needs to carry this team on his back, but tonight he needed to give the ball up more when the double teams on his left hand side kept coming. 

I agree but who’s Bishop getting pulled for? Other than Harris the only guards on our team now are walk ons.

Board footera