GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2023 9:21 pm  #1

GW at St. Joe's on Feb 11

Yeah, I know it's a little early to be starting a thread for this game, but I just booked my Amtrak and game tickets, so I'm excited. I haven't seen a GW game on the road. Watching GW win at Hagan Arena on a Saturday afternoon would be pretty fun.

Hopefully the Eagles will not be playing in the Super Bowl the next day. That would be really irritating.

1/20/2023 8:39 am  #2

Re: GW at St. Joe's on Feb 11

I'll be doing the same! Heads up that they're putting together another pregame get-together right by the arena.

1/20/2023 10:33 am  #3

About 50 students will be at that game. School is getting a bus

1/20/2023 3:37 pm  #4

trops_fc wrote:

I'll be doing the same! Heads up that they're putting together another pregame get-together right by the arena.

Thanks! I just registered.

1/31/2023 1:02 pm  #5

Hello all:   As many of you may be aware, I try to attend as many road games as possible.  I will be attending the St. Joes game in Philly and encourage others to do so, as the round trip to Philadelphia just isn't all that long and makes for a very nice day (or even overnight) trip.  The school will be sponsoring a pregame event also, which is always fun.  The one headsup I will give anyone attempting to order tickets is that you need to do it through the St. Joseph's Athletic site, and if you do so, Chrome will not work but Firefox will.  Hope to see some of you there.

1/31/2023 3:42 pm  #6

LSF has earned a right to say whatever he wants here, whenever he wants.
No wonder why he is suffering. But he still even goes to road games during our six-year
swoon.
That's a true fan.

1/31/2023 5:00 pm  #7

jf wrote:

LSF has earned a right to say whatever he wants here, whenever he wants.
No wonder why he is suffering. But he still even goes to road games during our six-year
swoon.
That's a true fan.

Thank you.   I always enjoyed the games, but there is so much more to the experience of being a fan, including seeing other arenas  how other teams do things in terms of event planningand even visiting different towns and different hotels.  Further, as a resident of Fredericksburg, I now have 3 "away" arenas that are as close as, if not closer than the Smitty, namely Richmond, VCU and of course Mason.   

Board footera