GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2023 4:22 pm  #21

Re: GW vs Bonnies Game Thread

Never in doubt 😂

But seriously, we score 75 and we win again. Great resiliency to come back when we got down 3 in OT after everything that happened.

2/19/2023 4:22 pm  #22

It wasn't pretty but it was gutsy.  They certainly don't quit.

2/19/2023 4:22 pm  #23

GW WINS! 

Road wins... never easy! Gutsy win to overcome all the late turmoil

2/19/2023 4:23 pm  #24

I am not one to use profanity on this board, but I just have to ask...are you f**cking serious with this game?

2/19/2023 4:25 pm  #25

This team is not for the faint hearted. Hard to win here. But we win. 

2/19/2023 4:25 pm  #26

Free Quebec wrote:

We have a foul to give. Why didn’t we use it?

I was wondering the same thing.

2/19/2023 4:26 pm  #27

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

We have a foul to give. Why didn’t we use it?

I was wondering the same thing.

I think the announcers said the bench was yelling for them to foul

2/19/2023 4:27 pm  #28

When St. Bonaventure, who was now down 2, called timeout, the only 4 words from Caputo that I could make out was "no foul, no foul".

2/19/2023 4:31 pm  #29

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

I am not one to use profanity on this board, but I just have to ask...are you f**cking serious with this game?

A win in Olean!  Amazing. Truth be told what Bonaventure lost, what Schmidt’s done is staggering!

2/19/2023 4:45 pm  #30

Was running a workshop today so I only got to see the last 10 seconds of regulation (ugh) and the last 10 seconds of OT (bliss). I have long said that Bishop´s great unsung talent is his uncanny ability to draw shooting fouls from poor shots; today that talent won the game
The shot of the long-faced Bona cheerleaders as GW left the floor at the end may be the most satisfying thing I have seen on TV since Shawnta´s winner against X.
This team may not be bound for the Final Four, but are you not entertained?

2/19/2023 4:56 pm  #31

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Was running a workshop today so I only got to see the last 10 seconds of regulation (ugh) and the last 10 seconds of OT (bliss). I have long said that Bishop´s great unsung talent is his uncanny ability to draw shooting fouls from poor shots; today that talent won the game
The shot of the long-faced Bona cheerleaders as GW left the floor at the end may be the most satisfying thing I have seen on TV since Shawnta´s winner against X.
This team may not be bound for the Final Four, but are you not entertained?

Absolutely! I’ll tip my cap to Lindo and Bishop who dominated the ball for 2 years. Now they have a coach they trust and now they trust the game plan. Think about being marooned on campus last and not saying f’it! Or F GW?
For a terrible team and they stayed!

7 conference wins? I’d have said no a 1,000 times

2/19/2023 5:04 pm  #32

Maybe a good sign of new University President support.  She gave a post game speech in the locker room today

2/19/2023 5:41 pm  #33

Something to monitor

2/19/2023 7:00 pm  #34

Good and bad in general, swooning, then stunning at the end. Luckily someone ran into JB, who
was off, but nonetheless, you knew he was going to make those free throws. Clutch.
In general, they seemed to want us, in the words of another fan post-game, use a defibrillator.
   Good new university president came in and delivered a speech.
Bad, though good find by 0509,  that picture of JB in a walking boot.

2/19/2023 8:06 pm  #35

What a game!  I feared we would lose most of the 18 point lead, but really didn't think we would lose the lead.  

I like to think these are the games that provide a valuable experience for down the road.  Excellent all around play by most of the guys. This is also serious game experience for CC too.  

Great to see the new/incoming Pres meet and speak to the team after the game.  It's awesome that she shows interest in the hoops program, and references big time sporting events when she was at Clemson.  

2/19/2023 8:13 pm  #36

Loved us switching between man-to-man, 3-2 zone and 1-3-1 zone with ease.  Clearly CC has been adding more and more wrinkles as the season goes on.  Can’t say its done much in terms of slowing down our opponents though.

EDIT- Also the half-court trap!

Last edited by BM (2/19/2023 8:24 pm)

2/19/2023 9:08 pm  #37

BM wrote:

Loved us switching between man-to-man, 3-2 zone and 1-3-1 zone with ease. Clearly CC has been adding more and more wrinkles as the season goes on. Can’t say its done much in terms of slowing down our opponents though.

EDIT- Also the half-court trap!

I especially love the "line up at the line of scrimmage" in-bounds play!

2/19/2023 10:22 pm  #38

Edwards:  44 minutes, 15 rebounds. Are you kidding? What a performance!

2/19/2023 10:24 pm  #39

17 assists on 29 baskets. Pretty good.

2/19/2023 10:46 pm  #40

Max so far has been a superb find. 15 rebounds and he's not a big man!
   Some nice and timely 3 pointers,too.

Board footera