GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2023 11:00 am  #1

Insane WaPo article

I wish I had this much free time and money. Even includes an unfortunate reference to GW.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/02/21/college-basketball-fan-sees-every-team/

2/21/2023 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Insane WaPo article

What a fantastic story but... ending the quest at one of the worst (OK, "charmless and quirky", if you will) arenas in the country but skipping three of the best (Allen, Pauley and the Palestra; who claims to be a college hoops fan without ever having gone to a game at the Palestra?) is madness. Still, who would not love to accomplish what he has?
Sadly, the current Mrs. Alum Abroad would no way even entertain this idea for half of a New York second, so I am either going to have to never do this... or get a new Mrs Alum Abroad!

2/22/2023 2:27 pm  #3

Re: Insane WaPo article

This is a great story.  Just for fun, I attempted to identify all of the Division 1 schools that I've seen play in person.  My total came to 159 which is less than half the total number of Division 1 schools (363).  It's great that the first team he saw play was GW (and Dayton), and the last school he saw play was American.

Board footera