GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2023 7:56 pm  #101

Re: The Coaching Carousel Thread

BM wrote:

Urgo signs a five year extension to stay at Fordham.

Pretty impressive considering Kim English went from a worse GMU team to Providence. FU is investing in its basketball feature.

3/25/2023 8:19 pm  #102

Headline is he’s set to make $1 million / year. Hope GW is aware that if Fordham can afford that, we can too.

3/26/2023 2:26 pm  #103

GW0509 wrote:

Headline is he’s set to make $1 million / year. Hope GW is aware that if Fordham can afford that, we can too.

I don't think it's a matter of affording. I think it's a matter of willingness to support the program.

3/26/2023 3:43 pm  #104

Mike Rhoades is being recruited by Penn State

https://twitter.com/samurai_hoops/status/1640086631477829632?s=46&t=qNFR9Z9Y3hP3M9Y1sHAwAw

Last edited by Mike K (3/26/2023 3:44 pm)

3/27/2023 9:31 am  #105

The Dude wrote:

Barry, and other Moderators, and fellow GW fans. 

For 4 years, on this site this 1 person has daily violated the rules of this site, by personally attacking other posters.  For much longer on the prior site, ultimately leading to its demise.  Talking about many many years there as well.

Not asking this thread or any other thread to be "locked" when it happens, asking that is stops by taking actual action against the daily offender  A very long time poster (Ziik) was banned for foolishly responding to the personal attacks.  How about taking action against the actual attacker.  Same person,day after day, year after year.  

It degrades the whole GW fan community to allow it go on

Thank you in advance

Sorry folks but I'm not about to let this go completely ignored.  The combination of hubris, nerve and foolishness behind this post deserves some type of response.

The Dude could not have described himself more perfectly when he writes "same person, day after day, year after year."  Though in his case, I would have added "same repetitive post after same repetitive post."  While he would like action taken against me for violating the rules of this board by attacking other posters (which in and of itself is inaccurate as he is the sole poster I have a problem with), he completely ignores how he violates the rules of this board on a daily basis.  The most differentiating aspect of this board which was intended to be a major improvement over the former one was to put an end to the same person posting under multiple names.  Nevertheless, The Dude just can't himself.  He posts under at least two additional names that I've figured out, and perhaps even more that I've yet been able to solve.  It really takes a special kind of slimebag to call for action taken against me for breaking rules while he himself pollutes this site with his nonsense every day.  I would say that he should feel ashamed of himself except I fully realize that he has no shame.

Yet what he does under other names pales in comparison to what he does as The Dude.  There is no reason whatsoever why the readers of this board should be subjected to hundreds of posts pertaining to how The Dude feels about Mark Few, Duke basketball, Shaka Smart, Dan Hurley, midmajors getting shafted when it comes to receiving at large bids, or Leonard Hamilton (though not too many posts about him during this 9-23 season; I'm sure we can chalk this up to being nothing more than a coincidence).  I am well aware that because I am one of the few here who speak out against this, The Dude does this for no other reason than to antagonize me.  This is the very definition of what a troll does.  I will guarantee that there isn't a single person who visits this site even occasionally who does not alreaxdy know how The Dude feels about each of these subjects.  His repetitive posts bring virtually no new information to the discussion but again, they are not intended to prove any points or win any debates.  They only serve to antagonize.

There are a few others who have expressed similar complaints about this.  Honestly, I am surprised that more people haven't.  Easier I suppose to stay out of it and not get involved, I get this.  At the same time, the only chance we have of ridding ourselves of this troll, or perhaps more realistically, to get him to cut out the repetitive posts which serve no other purpose but to antagonize, is if we do speak up.  This can be done privately to BGF, DMVPiranha or to Sons of Liberty, or expressed publicly here.

Nobody here should be able to get away with purposefully attempting to piss people off and then cry foul when they feel they are being attacked.  Want the perceived attacks to go away?  Then stop attempting to purposefully piss people off.  It's really that simple. 

3/27/2023 10:06 am  #106

Gwmayhem - the Dude used to annoy me. Now he just amuses me with his absurd rambling and repetitive posts. You really have to have pity for him rather than disdain. I wouldn't waste another post on him. He is who he is and I am certain everyone who regularly comes here knows it.

3/27/2023 10:06 am  #107

GW0509 wrote:

While $1M per year may seem high to some, it is actually in the bottom half of the present pay range scale for A-10 coaches.

Last edited by TJT85 (3/27/2023 12:27 pm)

3/27/2023 11:21 am  #108

GWRising wrote:

Gwmayhem - the Dude used to annoy me. Now he just amuses me with his absurd rambling and repetitive posts. You really have to have pity for him rather than disdain. I wouldn't waste another post on him. He is who he is and I am certain everyone who regularly comes here knows it.

I am sure this is the right attitude.  It just upsets me on principle that a guy whose sole purpose here is to serve as an annoyance continues to be allowed to do so without any consequences.  This guy obviously has a pretty dull life...hundreds of posts about the same things over and over.  Making up other personas for no real reason.  And he'd like action taken against me?  Yes, that one amused me.

3/27/2023 12:35 pm  #109

I'm with Rising on this one.
Mayhem, I understand your frustration with Dude but just ignore him - I of all people know easier said then done!
Example - he is by far the most frequent poster on this small site. I have started to notice he has worn out his welcome long ago and nobody bothers to post on the threads he starts - like the NCAA Tourney thread he started. It then becomes the Dude talking to himself until he gets tired of it and starts a new thread.
Therefore, to all 12 of the other posters on this site - IGNORE the troll.
I do find his "temper tantrums" to BGF quite amusing. On that note, Barry - someone cut me off on my way into work this morning. Please do something about it. This kind of conduct can't go on!

3/27/2023 2:10 pm  #110

Offseason and here we go again

3/27/2023 3:44 pm  #111

Texas interim head coach Rodney Terry has agreed to a five-year contract to become the school's full-time coach

Won 3 more NCAA tourney games as an interim Coach than the zero Shaka Smart won at Texas 

3/28/2023 6:00 pm  #112

Miami head coach on PTI tonite and said he has no plans to leave and will continue as long as he can.  Know that there can always be changes but that makes me feel a little better about CC for next year.

3/28/2023 6:37 pm  #113

3/28/2023 8:49 pm  #114

Also hearing rumors of Ryan Odom to VCU if Rhoades indeed does leave

3/29/2023 11:55 am  #115

Rhoades has agreed to terms to become the next men's basketball coach at Penn State

Rhoades has called a meeting for 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to inform the VCU team

LMAO, I prefer actual journalists to "anonymous name message board guy repackages actual journalists reporting in the form of "insider" access"

Last edited by The Dude (3/29/2023 2:52 pm)

3/29/2023 12:38 pm  #116

Imminent in that it was offered and accepted last evening? 

3/29/2023 12:40 pm  #117

Dude stop reading Rothstein and Goodman ... I have shit way before they do. 

3/29/2023 12:42 pm  #118

Here you go Dude ... AU is narrowing their choices and Duane Simpkins and Christian Webster are said to be the favorites. Paulsen in there too.

For those of you who don't know (likely the Dude) Christian Webster has a connection to GW.

Last edited by GWRising (3/29/2023 12:44 pm)

3/29/2023 1:37 pm  #119

Mark Madsen leaves Utah Valley to take the Cal job. For Cal, that is like Washington´s NFL team getting sold to Jerry Jones. And for Madsen, that is like leaving a nice but bland condo in a suburban subdivision for a historic brownstone fix-me-upper in Mid-town Manhattan that may just be an unsalvageable dump.
Texas Tech and Temple are now the two large-budget jobs that remain open.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (3/29/2023 1:46 pm)

3/29/2023 2:02 pm  #120

GWRising wrote:

Here you go Dude ... AU is narrowing their choices and Duane Simpkins and Christian Webster are said to be the favorites. Paulsen in there too.

Paulsen hired by Holy Cross

https://twitter.com/HCrossMBB/status/1641153249020628992

Board footera