GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2023 7:41 am  #1

Happy 7th Anniversary

NIT champs! I know this thread is bound to go off the rails and turn into a real Charlie Foxtrot but it was a fond memory of mine to go to the Mecca with a bunch of my family members and root for the team in a not so close victory over a good Valpo team.

3/31/2023 12:05 pm  #2

Re: Happy 7th Anniversary

It was great to see us in lights at Madison Square Garden and end our season with a win.
Wish we had been able to savor it longer, but one day, hopefully by a decade after
the NIT championship, we will.
   But that NIT championship was something really special. We hadn't done anything like that
before.
    Cutting down the nets at the Garden!

3/31/2023 12:58 pm  #3

3/31/2023 5:37 pm  #4

Instead of memorizing multiplication tables or learning Shakespeare by heart, all incoming students should be required to recite this by memory...

https://geowash_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/gm38vu.html

3/31/2023 6:01 pm  #5

Photos from the 2016 NIT Final Four came up on my son's phone-memory today.  We were reliving that fantastic time in NYC.  Memories for a lifetime!  Earlier this year I was telling him I am looking forward to the 10 year reunion in a few years!

3/31/2023 8:55 pm  #6

I actually got into the post game celebration on that rooftop bar. Got to celebrate with some of the parents and coaches. Was a hell of a night. SD ST and Valpo had no idea what was coming their way! Good damn times man.

3/31/2023 10:01 pm  #7

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Instead of memorizing multiplication tables or learning Shakespeare by heart, all incoming students should be required to recite this by memory...

https://geowash_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/gm38vu.html

I had would never have guessed in a million years that Anthony Swan played 4 minutes in that game.  Was that the last 4?

Board footera