GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



4/17/2023 4:02 pm  #1


Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Zamoku Weluche-Ume
Year: 2023
Position: PF
Height: 6-8
Hometown: London, United Kingdom
High School: Barking Abbey School
Pro Team: London Lions

Links
Basketnews
Dave Owen Basketball
Eurobasket
Euroleague
FIBA
Hoopsfix (article)
Hoopsfix All-Star Classic
Insta
London Lions Profile
Scout Basketball
Sofascore
Twitter Account

GW Commitment Tweet

















According to this tweet from RaiseHighNation:

https://twitter.com/raisehighnation/status/1648057508081160213?s=46&t=m2xsjs4EY33TDlbMVwhKzQ

2023 6'8" F Zamoku Weluche-Ume visited @GW_MBB this past weekend, per his IG. Zamoku played with the @LondonLions of the @BBLofficial this past season. Would be a good pickup 👀 #RaiseHigh


Looks like quite a player. He’s playing on a pro team in England with grown men, including former college stars Sam Dekker (Wisconsin), Josh Sharma (Stanford), Miye Oni (Yale, 2nd draft pick a couple years ago), and Kostas Koufas (Ohio St). Has to be great experience going up against guys like that in practice every day.

 

4/17/2023 4:28 pm  #2


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

See the #1 highlight



 

 

4/17/2023 4:47 pm  #3


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Are guys on European pro teams allowed to play NCAA ball now? Wasn´t this kind of past something that got a player to campus but never allowed to play in the past? Or with the professionalization of college hoops (see NIL), has that silliness been done away with?

 

4/17/2023 4:50 pm  #4


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Wasn´t this kind of past something that got a player to campus but never allowed to play in the past?

Kristaps Janicenocs

(I don't know why I still know that)
 

 

4/17/2023 4:57 pm  #5


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Are guys on European pro teams allowed to play NCAA ball now? Wasn´t this kind of past something that got a player to campus but never allowed to play in the past? Or with the professionalization of college hoops (see NIL), has that silliness been done away with?

I know there has always been a way for younger players to play for a pro team and still retain eligibility. There are just restrictions on what they can receive from the team. This is nothing new. But they have to be careful about what they receive

 

4/17/2023 5:36 pm  #6


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

In that highlight reel, #7 play was Maceo Jack

 

4/17/2023 6:32 pm  #7


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

I saw that, too, PKGW. Good eyes.
Also, Zamoku should talk to famous British basketballer and former NBA player and current Knicks executive
Pops-Mensah-Bonsu. Also wore No. 21.

 

4/17/2023 6:37 pm  #8


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

jf wrote:

I saw that, too, PKGW. Good eyes.
Also, Zamoku should talk to famous British basketballer and former NBA player and current Knicks executive
Pops-Mensah-Bonsu. Also wore No. 21.

Who do you think recommended him?
 

 

4/17/2023 7:10 pm  #9


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

GWRising wrote:

jf wrote:

I saw that, too, PKGW. Good eyes.
Also, Zamoku should talk to famous British basketballer and former NBA player and current Knicks executive
Pops-Mensah-Bonsu. Also wore No. 21.

Who do you think recommended him?
 

Any idea who we are competing with?

     Thread Starter
 

4/20/2023 8:24 am  #10


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Free Quebec wrote:

GWRising wrote:

jf wrote:

I saw that, too, PKGW. Good eyes.
Also, Zamoku should talk to famous British basketballer and former NBA player and current Knicks executive
Pops-Mensah-Bonsu. Also wore No. 21.

Who do you think recommended him?
 

Any idea who we are competing with?

European pro teams and a few unknown colleges but don't think HMs as of now.

 

5/08/2023 9:22 am  #11


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

 

6/22/2023 4:08 pm  #12


Re: Recruit: Zamoku Weluche-Ume, Forward, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum