GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2023 3:19 am  #321

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal Szn

5/05/2023 6:30 am  #322

Not a good start to a Friday but as GWRising mentioned, there are others 

5/05/2023 7:58 am  #323

LIU (D1) transfer Marko Maletic (@mmaletic_) told @ThePortalReport that he is still available in the portal. Has heard from the following programs recently: Towson High Point IUPUI San Diego George Washington San Jose State.

--

Portal leader in 3PM/G at 2.9. Played on a BAD LIU Brooklyn team (DFL in Kenpom).  Averaged 15.9 PPG. 38.8% from 3. 54.1% eFG.

Last edited by GW0509 (5/05/2023 8:00 am)

5/05/2023 9:09 am  #324

Like it or not (and I don't like it), once Ge**getown became interested, GW was toast.  

5/05/2023 9:58 am  #325

What frontline recruits and transfers are still in play for us? The latter list is shrinking daily and the transfer portal closes on the 11th. Of course, there may big some bigs on Caputo's radar that we don't know about. 

5/05/2023 10:06 am  #326

moneybox wrote:

What frontline recruits and transfers are still in play for us? The latter list is shrinking daily and the transfer portal closes on the 11th. Of course, there may big some bigs on Caputo's radar that we don't know about. 

Entering the transfer portal ends 5/11 not the ability to sign with a school

5/05/2023 11:29 am  #327

5/05/2023 11:44 am  #328

The signals don't portend well on Massoud. This guy saying he's going there, the radio silence on
hints, etc.
  But maybe he'll have a change of heart at the last minute and decide he doesn't want to potentially ride the bench for cowardly loser doormats of their league in a sad, empty cavernous arena, when he can just blocks away play with his Rookie Of The Year friend Max in an upbeat environment with a young, NBA player-maker Final Four Coach. Up to him.
     Meanwhile, let's land some good big men. The guy from England sounded perfect for him and us.

5/05/2023 12:00 pm  #329

Ge*%}rgetown

5/05/2023 12:13 pm  #330

Gotta be honest, I am upset over this Massoud development.

5/05/2023 12:24 pm  #331

$$$$$

5/05/2023 12:27 pm  #332

I don't understand Massoud's decision here when you consider he got "lost in the shuffle" at his previous two BCS stops at Wake Forest and Kansas State, its very possible that the same will happen to him with Georgetown. 

5/05/2023 12:39 pm  #333

Be interesting to see his NIL deal.  Also tough to compete with the visibility of the Big East TV package….if he gets the playing time I am sure that was promised.  A10 is on USA.  Big East is on Fox Sports.  Throw in a little NIL money that we may struggle to match and the decision is not surprising

5/05/2023 12:50 pm  #334

jf wrote:

The signals don't portend well on Massoud. This guy saying he's going there, the radio silence on
hints, etc.
  But maybe he'll have a change of heart at the last minute and decide he doesn't want to potentially ride the bench for cowardly loser doormats of their league in a sad, empty cavernous arena, when he can just blocks away play with his Rookie Of The Year friend Max in an upbeat environment with a young, NBA player-maker Final Four Coach. Up to him.
     Meanwhile, let's land some good big men. The guy from England sounded perfect for him and us.

I doubt he’ll ride the pine.  Georgetown doesn’t have much on their roster. I’m not sure they have anyone up front besides Akok Akok and Ryan Motumbo.  Maybe I’m missing someone.  Cooley has a long rebuild coming his way.

5/05/2023 12:53 pm  #335

While I would have preferred to get Massoud ... let's be honest here. It's not like he was going to be a lock all-league player. He averaged 5.4 ppg and wasn't known as a great rebounder. Maybe he wasn't ready for the heat of having to be the guy and can hide a little better at Georgetown. Some guys are better at playing "Robin" than "Batman". Wish him well and let him go to Georgetown if that is what he thinks is best. Not losing one moment of sleep over it. We can and will find equal or better. On to the next!

5/05/2023 1:04 pm  #336

As a parent/family member giving advice to a student athlete:
1. Georgetown, with it's outstanding academics, alumni base, job opportunities once bball is over, location, conference, coach (Cooley), etc.

or

2. GW - only thing that can match is location. All other factors fail to match up.

Not a difficult decision.

5/05/2023 1:07 pm  #337

Joel Joseph wrote:

1. Georgetown, with it's outstanding academics, alumni base, job opportunities once bball is over, location, conference, coach (Cooley), etc.

or

2. GW - only thing that can match is location. All other factors fail to match up.

While your point is relevant, for a 1 year rental I don't think this matters as much.  Keithgreene has it right, Georgetown cut a bigger check for his services.

5/05/2023 1:10 pm  #338

GWAlum2001 wrote:

Joel Joseph wrote:

or

While your point is relevant, for a 1 year rental I don't think this matters as much.  Keithgreene has it right, Georgetown cut a bigger check for his services.

Let's give Cooley some credit for out-recruiting CC.  I wonder how Maximus feels about this.

5/05/2023 1:29 pm  #339

it's not out of the question that georgetown has more touches available for him next year

5/05/2023 1:49 pm  #340

Outrecruited?  Let's wake up people.

Rumored NIL amount:  $40,000.

Big enough that we can't realistically compete.  Massoud has a year left, then maybe a marginal career playing internationally.  This was an opportunity to cash in.  Plus, he still gets to hang with Max in DC.

Nothing not to get about this.

Board footera