GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2023 8:16 am  #1

Starting lineup for 2023-24

So after Bishop and Edwards, what's the rest of our starting lineup to open the 2023-24 season?

5/30/2023 8:44 am  #2

Re: Starting lineup for 2023-24

GW73 wrote:

So after Bishop and Edwards, what's the rest of our starting lineup to open the 2023-24 season?

Depends who else we sign.

5/30/2023 9:15 am  #3

Re: Starting lineup for 2023-24

My annual response to this is that I like to see everyone play at Kenner before offering up any predictions.  However, I'll take an early crack at it.

What makes the most sense to me is a small lineup with Hutchinson, Buchanan and Schroeder rounding out the starting 5.  Jacoi has been playing that IMG Academy schedule which is great preparation for the college game.  We have seen plenty of freshmen begin their careers at the point for GW...Carl, Joe, SirVal, TJ and Tony all come to mind.  If you're ready to play, start getting the experience.  Benny and Darren are both contingent upon their health.  Each offer enough size to get by against most lineups we will face, as long as Max remains the defensive rebounding machine that he was this past season.

The wildcard of course is Weluche-Ume who offers the size we desperately need but perhaps without the necessary polish just yet.  I could foresee Autry and perhaps Jones being good enough to start but not cracking the starting ineup just yet.  Garrett Johnson would have to beat out Buchanan or Schroeder to start.

Again though, this is all gut feel stuff at this point.  Hoping that all of our players participate in Kenner which is far from a given based on recent years. 

Board footera