GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2023 10:12 am  #1

Belated Farewell

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but as of July 1, GW's all-time leading scorer and now former Marketing Director for athletics Chris Monroe has accepted a new opportunity as Associate Athletic Director of Development at Howard University.  Chris has been arguably as associated with GW basketball as anyone this century.  His presence will be missed at the Smith Center but hopefully, he'll be able to make it to a few home games.

Congratulations Chris on this exciting new challenge! 

7/11/2023 10:48 am  #2

Re: Belated Farewell

Agreed! 

Gwmayhem wrote:

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but as of July 1, GW's all-time leading scorer and now former Marketing Director for athletics Chris Monroe has accepted a new opportunity as Associate Athletic Director of Development at Howard University.  Chris has been arguably as associated with GW basketball as anyone this century.  His presence will be missed at the Smith Center but hopefully, he'll be able to make it to a few home games.

Congratulations Chris on this exciting new challenge! 

7/11/2023 1:13 pm  #3

A very nice person. Sorry to see him leave,   I suspect he will not be inviting me out for lunch anymore.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (7/11/2023 4:38 pm)

7/11/2023 1:44 pm  #4

Good luck Chris - you're a good man!

7/11/2023 2:58 pm  #5

Yes, big loss for GW.

7/11/2023 3:15 pm  #6

Sorry to see Chris go but he well deserves this new opportunity.  A great player and a great person. 

7/11/2023 3:52 pm  #7

I really hope this is a case of him chasing a better opportunity than him being poached by a bigger payday (or, god fobid, that the rebranding is a total shitstorm he wants nothing to do with).
I think it is commendable that he is dedicating his career to the community and region that he grew up in. A great player, and now a dedicated professional, from the DC area.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (7/11/2023 3:52 pm)

7/11/2023 4:29 pm  #8

Always hoped we might find a coaching staff spot for our Chris.

7/11/2023 6:32 pm  #9

Chris will definitely be missed. Watching him grow and develop at GW has been a fantastic success story as much as his playing prowess on the court.  In checking out the staff directory, saw that Joe McDonald is now listed as a member of the development staff. Great news for GW.

7/11/2023 7:38 pm  #10

Good luck to him. I enjoyed meeting him amd talking to him.  A loss for sure, but everyone deserves a chance to grow and learn amd gain experience. I suspect he will be back.

7/12/2023 3:35 pm  #11

Congrats to Chris! Super nice person, great to work with, and I wish him the best of luck at HU!

7/13/2023 2:19 pm  #12

All the best to him. Really nice speaking to him. Good Luck Chris.

7/13/2023 3:40 pm  #13

Best of luck Chris!

Board footera