GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2023 3:20 pm  #1

What I'm Thankful For (From a GW Basketball Perspective)

1) For the first time since a certain victory at MSG, I feel very thankful that I have a program whose trajectory finally appears to be moving in the right direction.

2) I am thankful for Chris Caputo and his staff.  Having someone in this capacity who not only wants to win and build a successful program but has a plan for doing so and just plain and simple "gets it" is very assuring.

3) Could not be more thankful that James Bishop IV not only decided on GW but stuck with GW amidst a whole host of changes.  It would have been very easy for JB to move on both after Jamion was dismissed as well as during this past off-season.  His sustained presence has undoubtedly sent a major statement to many recruits who've decided that GW can't be so bad if James wasn't going anywhere.

4) I am thankful for the folks who help make this site an enjoyable experience, and that of course starts with Barry who gave us all a venue to keep cheering, questioning and venting when it very much appeared like a GW message board was going to be a thing of the past.  And this extends to the consistently stupendous game previews and recaps from DMVPiranha, the always appreciated inside information from GWRising, the folks who embrace analytics, media and press conferences, game strategy, and of course, not just one but all of the long suffering among us. 

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.

11/22/2023 8:44 pm  #2

Re: What I'm Thankful For (From a GW Basketball Perspective)

Well said -- good things happening!

11/22/2023 9:54 pm  #3

Passionate GW fans do have a lot to be thankful for; I have met a number of the players and they are impressive people, as are the entire coaching staff. We will raise very high in the coming years!

11/23/2023 5:26 am  #4

Happy Thanksgiving all.  Much to be thankful for

11/23/2023 6:23 am  #5

Happy Thanksgiving to all. The program does seem to be heading to a really good place.

11/23/2023 8:18 am  #6

Well said Mayhem.  Much to be thankful in the GW basketball world this holiday season.  Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  For dessert, a sweep in The Bahamas.

Board footera