GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2019 5:39 pm  #1

Jordan Roland

After 5 games, just averaging a mere 30.4 points for Northeastern.
Had 42 vs Harvard and 39 vs Boston U. Kidding me; how can it be ?

SOME FREAK

11/24/2019 8:28 pm  #2

Re: Jordan Roland

That was a Mojo/Nero problem. Can't blame JC. He wouldn't be eligible if he was still here. Talk to Mojo and Nero - they are both gone. One of the reasons JC is here and they are not is because Roland was not here the last few years.

1/18/2020 2:06 pm  #3

Nation's eighth leading scorer at 22 points per game for Northeastern.

Oh well, ho hum.

1/18/2020 9:54 pm  #4

I am a huge fan of Jordan Roland, and from a GW perspective, it should be less of a ho hum, and rather a sense of pride that a former Colonial is blowing up in the world. It sure is sad it isn't here, but you have to remember that if he stayed, there is no guarantee he'd have the same success with coaching we had in place and the fact that in 2020 he'd already have been graduated.

1/19/2020 8:44 am  #5

Jordan scored 38 in an overtime loss yesterday, which now has his scoring average up to 23.1 for the season and moves him up to 4th in the nation.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/seasons/2020-leaders.html

1/19/2020 8:53 am  #6

Buff&BlueBandit wrote:

I am a huge fan of Jordan Roland, and from a GW perspective, it should be less of a ho hum, and rather a sense of pride that a former Colonial is blowing up in the world. It sure is sad it isn't here, but you have to remember that if he stayed, there is no guarantee he'd have the same success with coaching we had in place and the fact that in 2020 he'd already have been graduated.

There is also no guarantee he would've stayed all 4 years even if the coaching change hadn't been made. Why can't we just follow/root for him like other Colonials who transferred out like Kromah, Savage, and Jorgensen?

1/19/2020 7:03 pm  #7

Had he not transferred last year would have exhausted his eligibility, correct? AND I whole heartedly agree if I think of Roland I’m happy for him and bc I’m a GW guy I hardly think of him at all

1/20/2020 3:38 pm  #8

I am happy for Jordan as well, just wish he stayed here.

1/21/2020 10:47 am  #9

Serves as an obvious reminder that just because a player barely plays as a freshman because he is playing behind a logjam of more experienced players at his position does not mean he should be written off as someone who will never be able to flourish as a college player.  I am aware that most of us likely do not need this reminder.

Not mentioned too often..JR is shooting 44% from 3 this season.  Wow.

1/21/2020 11:03 am  #10

Gwmayhem wrote:

Serves as an obvious reminder that just because a player barely plays as a freshman because he is playing behind a logjam of more experienced players at his position does not mean he should be written off as someone who will never be able to flourish as a college player.  I am aware that most of us likely do not need this reminder.

Not mentioned too often..JR is shooting 44% from 3 this season.  Wow.

Exactly. We had one poster on the old board who notoriously ran this kid down making all sorts of comments about his size etc. It was a real shame because Roland just needed time. Anyone with two eyes who had seen three basketball games could see he had talent. Just needed development.

1/21/2020 1:32 pm  #11

One thing that jumps out about Jordan's shooting % this year is that he's been at the top of their opponents' scouting reports after scoring around 40 points his first two games. Many of those threes are highly contested shots and Northeastern doesn't have dominant big men that free up shooters by making defenses collapse.

Board footera