GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2024 8:22 pm  #61

Re: GW vs Dayton Game

again, it's the lack of energy that is most frustrating. Almost at the point of wanting starters coming off the bench next game to wake everyone up. 

1/30/2024 8:22 pm  #62

It speaks to how special Johnson and Buchanan are that they have not consistently been in foul trouble this season. I understand why Jacoi was subbed in when Jun received his 4th, but I hope one of the other forwards gets minutes from the under 8 timeout since  this game is out of hand.

1/30/2024 8:23 pm  #63

Bishop has to take responsibility.  He’s never been a good defender, but a lot of this is on his lack of leadership.  He wants to be remembered as a winning player, then he needs to play as hard as he can all the time and get on guys go aren’t. 

Because when they star player is guilty of ball watching and standing around, that sets the tone.

1/30/2024 8:25 pm  #64

Starters now 1-22 from three over the last two games.

Last edited by Free Quebec (1/30/2024 8:28 pm)

1/30/2024 8:26 pm  #65

Can Keegan just give a couple of fouls to Holmes?

1/30/2024 8:27 pm  #66

Make the team watch a replay of this game over, over, and over again to see how bad they are playing. Shameful performance in front of a TV audience.

1/30/2024 8:27 pm  #67

OK, spin this one people. Aside from wearing matching uniforms, what is GW doing tonight to look like a DI basketball team?

1/30/2024 8:29 pm  #68

Trey was remarkably open. No pass.
Turned out well,but symptomatic

1/30/2024 8:29 pm  #69

Free Quebec wrote:

Bishop has to take responsibility.  He’s never been a good defender, but a lot of this is on his lack of leadership.  He wants to be remembered as a winning player, then he needs to play as hard as he can all the time and get on guys go aren’t. 

Because when they star player is guilty of ball watching and standing around, that sets the tone.

Could not agree more. If I were CC, I’d consider benching him to send a message. Unacceptable.

1/30/2024 8:30 pm  #70

Johnson has been in "can do no wrong territory" this year but after an airball he jogged back on defense and if not for a good play by Autry it was going to lead to two easy points. 

1/30/2024 8:31 pm  #71

jf wrote:

Can Keegan just give a couple of fouls to Holmes?

should let him chuck up some threes at this point too

1/30/2024 8:34 pm  #72

Announcers keep mentioning that all we do is shoot 3s as soon as we get ball down the court and that we don’t pass and set up shots.  Well.. that’s because we don’t know how to pass and set up good shots so why not throw up 3s as soon as you can.

1/30/2024 8:36 pm  #73

honestly i love this announcer, he's hilarious. "29% is overstating how well GW is playing" lmao

1/30/2024 8:40 pm  #74

Does this sound familiar? an opponent shooting 48 percent from 3.

1/30/2024 8:41 pm  #75

I agree; I am enjoying these announcers.

1/30/2024 8:41 pm  #76

Hugh wrote:

honestly i love this announcer, he's hilarious. "29% is overstating how well GW is playing" lmao

Yes! Perfect

1/30/2024 8:42 pm  #77

Like to see the coach explain this effort.

1/30/2024 8:42 pm  #78

Dayton’s last two threes were bad defensive plays by Bishop. 

First one he went for a steal on the entry pass and then basically didn’t even try to recover when he didn’t get it.

Second one, he was just standing at the three point line, and didn’t rotate over when the ball went to Brea. Granted Brea was really deep, Bishop moved so slowly and passively when they kicked it out that he wasn’t in position to contest.  Brea is a 48% three point shooter - one of the best in the country.

1/30/2024 8:44 pm  #79

For those of you calling for benchings( or should be happy with this Hutch, stretch, Autry, Schroder, Weluch-Ume lineup.

1/30/2024 8:46 pm  #80

"nothing positive has happened for George Washington in this game, but other than that it's been a very good effort." Boom roasted.

Board footera