GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2020 11:51 am  #1

Kansas Riot

Only saw the highlights, but it looked pretty ugly.   What penalties should the players get?

1/22/2020 6:53 pm  #2

Re: Kansas Riot

The chair-wielding KU player is suspended at least until the conference deals with him. He probably shouldn´t play for 10 games. Guys who came off the bench to join in should get a game each, anyone who threw a punch or pushed a spectator/reporter should get an additional 3 games. 
But the real sanction should be the KU administration cracking down on its Nike-funded (corrupted?) program. Of course, there is too much money involved for that to ever happen.

1/23/2020 12:41 pm  #3

Re: Kansas Riot

I'm glad I caught this here because I was going to post about it in the Other Games thread. This all started when a Kansas State player stole the ball from Kansas with seconds left in the game and his team down by 22. We all know about the unwritten rule where the winning team is supposed to show good sportsmanship and run out the clock, but this should also apply to the losing team letting them run out the clock and not going for a steal.

This same scenario happened to Kansas earlier in the year, when they were beating Monmouth by 40+(it may have been 50+) with seconds left and a Monmouth player stole the ball, threw down a dunk and started cursing at everyone. I'm assuming the actions of that Monmouth player caused De Sousa(the chair-wielding player) to react the way he did in this game against Kansas State. 

I thought the suspensions would be a bit more harsh because this became a national story, a lot of non sports news outlets covered this. 

Board footera