GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2024 8:01 pm  #1

Davidson cancels season

Today, Davidson first canceled its Saturday game at St Louis and then canceled its season.  St Louis finishes 9-9.  Davison finishes 8-10, at least in the A10 standings.  School said NCAA won't count the 3 forfeits, but that doesn't matter for the A-10 tournament.  Theoretically Loyola Chicago and Fordham could finish at 8 - 10 with Saturday losses.  I don't know how they would figure out the tiebreakers, if needed.

A-10 can handle the seedings and games a couple of ways.  Do they count Davidson as a first round forfeit, possibly advancing St Bonaventure to the second round?  Or do they slide out Davidson and move up the bottom teams a slot, maybe only playing 2 game:s on Wednesday: 11 V 14 and 12 V 13. 

This could effect when GW plays and who.  I got a headache trying to figure it out so I gave up.  

Hopefully the conference will have figured out  the brackets/schedule right after the Saturday games.  TV announcers on ESPN+ should be able to talk about the possibilities.  Stay tuned.

Last edited by WMC (3/01/2024 8:02 pm)

3/02/2024 8:36 am  #2

Re: Davidson cancels season

Conference decided right away to revert to their old 14 team bracket. GW could actually avoid playing on Wednesday if they beat Loyola and Dayton loses at URI.

Board footera