GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2024 8:44 pm  #41

Re: GW beats St. Bonaventure Game !!

I gotta give it to Brown. Someone taught him some footwork, and he is much better for it. But he’s still a foul machine.

3/06/2024 8:46 pm  #42

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Where was this defensive energy the past 2 months?  Max playing to his potential makes a huge difference c

Max might be the best player on the team when he’s in control. Unfortunately, he plays out of control too often…

3/06/2024 8:50 pm  #43

While I should save my criticism of the students for the (majority) that did not show up, why is there a kid in the front row dressed like Franz Liebkind?

3/06/2024 8:51 pm  #44

Can we hang on? Amazing.

3/06/2024 8:59 pm  #45

Great win over #66 Bonnies!

Masterful game from James in his final home game on senior night

Outstanding performance.  What a win

3/06/2024 9:00 pm  #46

Great win! Nice to have fun in the Smitty again. Its been awhile.

3/06/2024 9:00 pm  #47

Hail to the Buff! Hail to the Blue!!!!
Glad the losing streak is over. This team is not as bad as the Keuster ones and did not deserve to be compared to them. St Bona's bubble (as tiny as it was) is burst.
Still not sold on this team being much better than their 15-15 record, but at least this dismal stretch is over.

3/06/2024 9:07 pm  #48

Winning is good. Smiles all around.  Relief.

3/06/2024 9:07 pm  #49

I think its safe to say that this team was not as good as their 14-3, 3-1 start indicated, but they should never have lost 12 in a row. The only explanation I can think of is that they are a young team that lost confidence and just couldn’t get it back until tonight. Talent wise, I think this team should have finished around 0.500 in A10 play.

3/06/2024 9:13 pm  #50

We won with 59% from field, 52% from 3 and 19 assists. SBU shot well also. 48% from field and 46% from 3. We won rebounding 31-22. 

3/06/2024 9:14 pm  #51

DC Native wrote:

I think its safe to say that this team was not as good as their 14-3, 3-1 start indicated, but they should never have lost 12 in a row. The only explanation I can think of is that they are a young team that lost confidence and just couldn’t get it back until tonight. Talent wise, I think this team should have finished around 0.500 in A10 play.

I think this sums it up well. They weren't 14-3 good, but also not 12 losses in a row bad. A very weird season.

3/06/2024 9:16 pm  #52

Great to see the guys celebrating and smiling once again…the JB dunk was fun (loved the autograph and selfie with the young lad.)  Nice game coach.

3/06/2024 9:28 pm  #53

I know we won when dude posts during the game.
Also, didn’t see any complaining about the refs.
If we can beat the Dukes in Pittsburgh can we stay out of the play-in game as the 15th (and last) seed?
This thread shows the few GW fans left have given up on this season - like the players. Just 2 1/2 page thread on this game. Siena has only won 4 games all season and they still draw 4-5 page threads on games.

3/06/2024 9:37 pm  #54

I was very happy  for the team and CC. Now way to end a tough season. Didn’t look like enough of a crowd that Bishop deserved after his four years, but I guess if you drop a  dozen in a row, you lose some folks.  Anyway, the Monkeys off the back and everyone left feeling a little bit  better than yesterday. On to next year.

3/06/2024 9:37 pm  #55

- 19 assists on 27 field goals.
- back to back steals and fast break scores on consecutive opposition possessions.

Not sure that anything close to that has happened all year.  Never a question on energy all night—especially on the defensive end.  Nice feeling to end the year attending games.

3/06/2024 9:46 pm  #56

An unusual, but welcome feeling.
Very good to honoring for staying.
And GWAA for taking the risk,rum or not,of watching a GW game on his birthday.
   We shot out of our mind compared to the usual.
But 19 assists is also out of our mind comparatively. And a good lesson in sharing the ball.

3/06/2024 9:50 pm  #57

Sometime in the first half, Smith and Stretch were switching and Stretch missed his assignment. Bonnie’s hit a wide open 3.  Smith was visibly frustrated as he came off the court and I could see him mouthing and repeating “we talked about this all week.”  I was worried that the frustration would boil over (well we did see that when Stretch also picked up the T). Instead, defense was solid in the second half.

The highlight of the night was JB’s dunk. No clue he could do that!

Last edited by GW0509 (3/06/2024 9:51 pm)

3/06/2024 9:50 pm  #58

3/06/2024 9:51 pm  #59

We had two TF's? I know stretch had one. What was the other?

3/06/2024 9:58 pm  #60

Was great seeing them get a well-deserved win tonight. They looked like they were having a ton of fun out there which is something we've been missing for a while. A ridiculous shooting night by pretty much everyone, great passing, and our hands were very active. 

I really hope we're able to keep Jacoi for next season as I think he's going to be a fantastic player for us. Bishop finished off his Smith Center career with a bang which was greatly deserved.

Fun note, Stretch is only 4 blocks away from tying the program record for blocks in a season set by Yinka Dare back in 92/93. Would be awesome to see him break that record as well.

Very happy for the team, hopefully we can carry this momentum into the next game.

Board footera