GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2024 10:06 am  #201

Re: The March Madness Thread

Early prognostications have Danny Hurley's Connecticut team among the favorites to win the national title next season along with Gonzaga. 

I believe that would be the first and only Coach in history to three-peat other than John Wooden at UCLA

Incredible what he's done in such a short time already in storrs, Connecticut

Building a dynasty is Mr Hurley.

4/14/2024 5:45 am  #202

I wonder if "Bo Knows" still thinks Danny Hurley is no good. Whatever happened to "Bo" I hope he's doing well and still kicking somewhere it must be 5 years since he's posted here! Best wishes to Bo whereever you are!

Too bad GW never had a guy quite like Hurley in Foggy Bottom.  If Rhode Island can land a guy like Danny Hurley, so can GW, in fact GW could have HIRED Danny Hurley he was coming From Wagner and settled on a total rebuild of a then crummy Rhode Island squad. 

Just need the right guy, all the excuses about NIL, and blah blah are just excuses.   Mike Jarvis proved that the right guy at GW can take us to the Sweet 16, or maybe even further with some luck, fortune, and a lot of great recruiting all of which Jarvis did and can clearly be done again as long as the right man is at the helm.

Seems like the guys  like playing for Hurley too.   Guys like the likely #1 pick in the NBA draft and back to back National Titleist Donovan Clingan

7 years ago Hurley was taking Rhode Island to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney, they were 8-21 when he got there the cupboard was totally barren in a few years they were winning back to back  games in back to back years for the A10 in the NCAA Tourney at Rhode Island and now the Dynasty is complete in Connecticut and just getting started there too.

7 years later Hurley is The Gold Standard for College Coaches at present:

UConn 7-foot-2 sophomore Donovan Clingan -- one of the cornerstones of the Huskies' back-to-back NCAA championship teams -- will enter the 2024 NBA draft.The No. 3 prospect in ESPN's Top 100 list, Clingan is expected to be in the running to become the No. 1 pick in the June draft after a dominant late-season and NCAA tournament run.Clingan leaves UConn for the NBA after a historic high school and college career. Before joining coach Dan Hurley at UConn, Clingan became one of Connecticut's all-time scholastic legends for Bristol Central High School under coach Tim Barrette.Clingan said in a post on social media that his two years at UConn "exceeded all my dreams and expectations."

4/14/2024 10:25 pm  #203

I would be REALLY surprised if Clingan is the first pick in the draft.

4/15/2024 9:54 am  #204

Top 3 yeah maybe 2 or 3 and possibly 1

I would guess 2nd.  Depends who has the lottery balls fortune I suspect

Board footera