GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2020 6:50 am  #1

2/04/2020 4:44 pm  #2

Re: Great Article on the Four Freshmen

Enjoyed it. Good find, Keith.
Now, we have to realize this guy who writes the GW basketball propaganda would make Baghdad Bob, Saddam's spokesman,blush. But he is the on our side, the right side, so keep churning these out.
It is really good to see that the 4 freshmen are bonding outside the court. That should translate eventually on the court. 
And, like we would want for any GW student, good to see they are happy in school and have close friends.

2/04/2020 10:41 pm  #3

Eric Detweiler has been writing outstanding and insightful articles on all GW sports for several years now. He is a treasure and a tremendous asset for the athletic department and the university. Invoking any comparison to Baghdad Bob is grossly misplaced.

2/04/2020 11:06 pm  #4

Maybe, Poog, as I am not really familiar with the name, even though I am sure I have read other articles about him.  Still, he may not be Baghdad Bob, but any time the byline contains the words "GW Athletics Communications", you may expect an interesting article, but you are not exactly going to get objective player analysis.   Still, it was nice to read, as there is a time and a place for both.

2/05/2020 1:44 am  #5

I wouldn't really expect to find so-called "objective" prose from any organization writing about their teams or entity but rather informative pieces on their interests, background and experiences. Baghdad Bob told obvious untruths as truths, much like certain neighbors of the university. Eric has been giving us details about GW athletes in all the sports in multiple feature articles he has written. Focusing on the positive is far different than manufacturing and trying to sell falsehoods as truths. If you're looking for objective player analysis, you should be looking to the local news media or the experts on gwhoops. Oh, maybe not.

2/05/2020 7:20 am  #6

Let's agree on "Nice Article!"

Board footera