Offline
Some other willy-nilly predictions I have found on X, coming from "experts" I've never heard of:
Arceneaux: First Team, Second Team
Witherspoon: Second Team
James: Third Team
Caputo: Coach of the Year
Predicted Finish: As high as 3rd and as low as 9th.
Projected starting lineup: Aranguren, Arceneaux, Witherspoon, James and Vukovic.
Projected Second Team: Frost, Kossaras, M. Arrington (that's right..we now have 2 Arrington's), Phillips, Urbiha
Note: The notable omissions are N'Landu and Rougier-Roane which I attribute to the predictor being lazy or otherwise not knowing these guys, as opposed to what I'd necessarily expect to be the case.
Offline
I have consulted my crystal ball this week and a psychic as well as numerous basketball "experts". Here is what I learned that should be very helpful to all of you ...
GW could finish anywhere from 1st to 14th in the A-10 but more likely maybe 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th.
GW will have as many as 5 all conference players or maybe not any. But more likely maybe one, two, three, four or five.
GW could qualify for the NCAA tournament, the NIT Tournament, the Crown Tournament, or maybe no tournament.
GW starting lineup consists of players on their roster but maybe more likely only certain players on their roster.
You can take these predictions to the bank. I promise!
Last edited by GWRising (Yesterday 11:09 am)
Offline
How can you finish 10-8 in conference and still end up in 8th place, you might ask? Well, Shooty Hoops is predicting 138 total conference wins versus only 114 losses, which means they are predicting 24 A10 games this year will have TWO winners, lol. So much AI slop out there these days...
Offline
GWRising wrote:
I have consulted my crystal ball this week and a psychic as well as numerous basketball "experts". Here is what I learned that should be very helpful to all of you ...
GW could finish anywhere from 1st to 14th in the A-10 but more likely maybe 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th.
GW will have as many as 5 all conference players or maybe not any. But more likely maybe one, two, three, four or five.
GW could qualify for the NCAA tournament, the NIT Tournament, the Crown Tournament, or maybe no tournament.
GW starting lineup consists of players on their roster but maybe more likely only certain players on their roster.
You can take these predictions to the bank. I promise!
Rising, I'm guessing you're a lot of fun at parties. ![]()
Offline
GW is 4th in the Torvik A10 rankings and top 85 in the Nation
VCU
SLU
Dayton
GW 4th
Mason
Richmond
Davidson
Offline
GWRising wrote:
I have consulted my crystal ball this week and a psychic as well as numerous basketball "experts". Here is what I learned that should be very helpful to all of you ...
GW could finish anywhere from 1st to 14th in the A-10 but more likely maybe 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th.
GW will have as many as 5 all conference players or maybe not any. But more likely maybe one, two, three, four or five.
GW could qualify for the NCAA tournament, the NIT Tournament, the Crown Tournament, or maybe no tournament.
GW starting lineup consists of players on their roster but maybe more likely only certain players on their roster.
You can take these predictions to the bank. I promise!
You consulted BOTH the crystal ball and a psychic? That is making far more effort than most pundits, who just pull predictions out of their asses. And probably as reliable.
In less than ten days we get a gander at what we have in the stable for this season, until then anything from an undefeated to a winless season could be in the cards (and if the Ruskies sic the plague on us all, maybe even no season whatsoever),
Offline
The Dude wrote:
GW is 4th in the Torvik A10 rankings and top 85 in the Nation
VCU
SLU
Dayton
GW 4th
Mason
Richmond
Davidson
Seems to be projecting our offense to be a little worse, but defense to be much improved.
Although we all have no idea what to expect, I think the defensive prediction makes some sense.
Arcenaux and Spoon should be good perimeter defenders with size.
We lose Castro’s havoc, but between Vukovic and James, plus maybe some help from Urbiha and the bigger wings, we could see our defensive rebounding even better than last year’s solid defensive rebounding (91st in the country).
On offense, I’m most worried about turnovers holding us back. I suspect we’ll be great in transition (maybe the big wings get us more chances), I think we’ll have more secondary creators (jones and Marshall were decent, everyone else was basically off) which will hopefully make up for it, but unless this team gels really quickly, a slight step back on offense would not surprise.
It’s really fascinating how predictions for us are all over the map, but it makes sense with an almost all new team.
Plus, no one seems to expect anything from Urbiha, or the three freshmen - so if they can contribute, that could help us hit the better predictions.
Gonna be interesting