GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/25/2019 5:40 pm  #1

Colonial Army is dead

The official fan group for GW athletics has rebranded itself "George's Army."
Now instead of being named for the Americans who against all odd rose up and defeated a tyrannical King, our Student section will now bear the name reflective of that tyrannical King

8/25/2019 7:11 pm  #2

Re: Colonial Army is dead

Lol.  Political incorrectness at its worst.  Still list signing up for the Colonial Army on the GW Sports website.  Add Colonial army to the ill fated Revolutionary Rivalry into the trash can of ideas

8/25/2019 7:59 pm  #3

I’ve come to terms with the fact that the Colonials moniker will be gone in a few years...... I hope the new name, whatever it may be, remains something badass and connected to the revolution though. Something like “The Militia” or “Continentals” (Hamilton College already has this one, but we also currently share Colonials with Robert Morris) would work for me.

8/25/2019 10:37 pm  #4

Just not the "Hippos."  That is a joke.

8/27/2019 8:36 am  #5

Look at it this way a less antagonistic nickname might help us recruit more tories.

8/27/2019 9:57 am  #6

Front Row Center wrote:

The official fan group for GW athletics has rebranded itself "George's Army."
Now instead of being named for the Americans who against all odd rose up and defeated a tyrannical King, our Student section will now bear the name reflective of that tyrannical King 

I assume they intended to reference George Washington, not George III. The naming coincidence is unfortunate.

8/27/2019 10:32 am  #7

"General George's Army" vs "King George's Army"

8/27/2019 9:08 pm  #8

At this rate, Army May be too aggressive.  They may change the name to George’s Group of Peaceful has supporters.

Board footera