GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2020 1:16 pm  #1

Senior Night

Hopefully everyone will make the game tomorrow night vs. Fordham to honor our graduating seniors and thank them for their contributions to GW  ...

Armel
Arnaldo
Justin
Adam
Luke

3/04/2020 11:47 am  #2

Re: Senior Night

Does Arnoldo really count? He has another year of eligibility even though he's a senior.  

3/04/2020 11:50 am  #3

FQ, he is showing up in the promotional pictures for Senior Night so I'd say he counts.  Can't help but think he will be playing elsewhere next year, be it as a graduate transfer or perhaps internationally.

3/04/2020 11:50 am  #4

Free Quebec wrote:

Does Arnoldo really count? He has another year of eligibility even though he's a senior.  

he's been included in the promotions for senior night, so it appears he does count.

3/04/2020 2:40 pm  #5

Will all 5 start as is customary?  

3/04/2020 3:04 pm  #6

So, I am getting the tickets out of my booklet for the last game, and when I get to the end of the ticket book, lo and hehold...I find 4 guest passes for the Colonial Club that I didn't know I had and apparently could have used at any time during the season.  So, if you are interested, or see me at the Smith Center (I generally arrive around 6:15-6:20 and are interested, let me know and if I still have you and I like you even a little, you can have them.

3/04/2020 3:13 pm  #7

I sure hope they start. Disappointed if we can't manage that, much less in a season like this.
These guys came in under one coach, had another, inexperienced one (albeit someone they knew) with a sheen of desperation--and now have a new coach who has his own plans.
   Adam, Arnaldo, Juice, Armel, Luke: Thank You very much for your hard and not always appreciated work. You gave your all and sacrificed your bodies in games and in practice. Take a big bow tonight and always for your game and not always seen practice contributions.
And a big thank you to their families who came to see them, even when they didn't play or played little and
supported them always.
  All of you will always be part of our Colonial family.
We have been greatly enriched by your presence and look forward to welcoming you back regularly in the future.

3/04/2020 4:09 pm  #8

jf wrote:

I sure hope they start. Disappointed if we can't manage that, much less in a season like this.
These guys came in under one coach, had another, inexperienced one (albeit someone they knew) with a sheen of desperation--and now have a new coach who has his own plans.
   Adam, Arnaldo, Juice, Armel, Luke: Thank You very much for your hard and not always appreciated work. You gave your all and sacrificed your bodies in games and in practice. Take a big bow tonight and always for your game and not always seen practice contributions.
And a big thank you to their families who came to see them, even when they didn't play or played little and
supported them always.
  All of you will always be part of our Colonial family.
We have been greatly enriched by your presence and look forward to welcoming you back regularly in the future.

Oh where to begin ...

1. Not all these guys were recruited by ML - Armel was not. None of these guys played for ML (ML was let go prior to the first team practice in the fall).
2. Appreciation does not equal playing time. You can be appreciated for your contributions to the team in other ways. In the case of walk-ons - Adam and Luke - that is what they signed up for. I know all 5 guys are always appreciated (in the true sense) by the staff and their teammates. It is shameful to suggest or imply otherwise.
3. JC's plans apparently have included Armel, Arnaldo and Justin. For about 90% of the season all have been regularly played WHEN HEALTHY. Armel is not even up for debate. Justin has been out for a long time. And Arnaldo's PT has been much discussed here but has been given opportunities to the tune of nearly 20 mpg, Walk-ons are usually not included in plans absent extenuating circumstances.
4. Doubtful all 5 will start but would expect the 3 scholarship guys to start. Walk-ons generally don't get that honor but we will see. 

Last edited by GWRising (3/04/2020 4:13 pm)

3/04/2020 4:15 pm  #9

Seeing how we start practically every game down 13-5, there isn't a single good reason why all 5 should not start tonight.

3/04/2020 4:27 pm  #10

Both ML and MoJo started walk-ons on senior night, and I'm pretty sure that's pretty customary. 

Somewhat hard to believe, but we've only had one 4-year player (Yuta) honored on senior night in past three seasons combined. We'll have three honored tonight.

Last edited by Hugh (3/04/2020 4:32 pm)

3/04/2020 5:32 pm  #11

Know where to start. Perfectly fine with what I said.
And Armel is real interesting. You can feel free comment on what the coaching staff plans for him were
before he became our savior.
And yes, the walkons should start. What's our record this year? We can't afford one possession for Luke and Adam, who should have been playing a lot more all year. Can't be worse than many of our starts.
So let's honor our seniors and their families who have been through a lot.

3/05/2020 10:25 am  #12

I was looking for 2 minutes of not bad play from the Senior starters.  We got 3.5 minutes.

3/05/2020 5:55 pm  #13

For this team to have succeeded more, it would need big years from The 4th year Senior class.

Well, that class is Justin Williams and Arnaldo Toro.  

3/05/2020 9:15 pm  #14

Justin Williams was a key player at times last year, even though he was a last-minute add.
Arnaldo is one of the better rebounders in the country. As is Kevin Marfo (actually one of the best).
Jair Bolden is playing at South Carolina and helped kick our butt there. Collin Smith is the man at UCF this year and played strongly against Duke in the NCAAs last year, if memory serves.
Wouldn't these guys have been on our senior class?

Board footera