GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2020 6:33 pm  #1

Mezie Enters Transfer Portal

GW0509 posted this in the thread about transfers.  Thought it needed its own thread.Mezie has entered the transfer portal.  I hate that he couldn't figure it out here.  I thought for sure he would be a key contributor this year and last.

Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits 5m
George Washington F Chimezie Offurum (SO) has entered the transfer portal. =0pxhttp://verbalcommits.com/players/chimez=0pxie-offurum=0px …Last edited by GW0509 (Today 5:46 pm)

3/13/2020 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Mezie Enters Transfer Portal

Best of luck Mezzie!

3/13/2020 10:38 pm  #3

Good luck indeed to Mezie!    Very nice guy and a hard worker.

3/15/2020 11:28 am  #4

Wishing you all the best, Mezie!

3/15/2020 11:30 am  #5

Wishing you all the best, Mezie!

3/17/2020 10:16 am  #6

I must have missed this one. Sad to see Mezie leave. He's got so many good skills. Unfortunately, he couldn't leverage those skill here, at this time. I think Mezie has a great career ahead of him and hope he finds the perfect fit. 

3/17/2020 2:12 pm  #7

Sad, but ultimately the right decision.  Mezie had the chance to become a consistent rotation player for two separate coaching staffs but just could not play well enough to do so.    His arguably greatest strength offensively is his mid-range game which doesn't ideally fit with what JC is hoping to achieve.  Jamison and Sloan are going to be shooting a ton of 3's from the forward position starting next year.

I could easily foresee Mezie becoming a key contributor at a lower level D1 program.  Shame to see a local player transfer out but he certainly isn't the first among recent players (Griffin to St. Peters, Bryant and Goss to Delaware, even Kethan to Butler).  I wish him nothing but the best. 

3/23/2020 11:11 am  #8

To Mount St Mary's

Ryan Raffensperger @MountFanBlog1h Great to see the news that Mezie Offurum has committed to join @MountHoops Offurum transfers in from George Washington with 2 years of eligibility The 6' 6" versatile wing had offers out of high school from Maryland, Indiana, Virginia Tech, UAB among others Welcome Mezie!

Last edited by BM (3/23/2020 11:11 am)

3/23/2020 11:36 am  #9

Good luck Mezie, you'll do great.  

3/23/2020 12:17 pm  #10

Jeez, with his athleticism he should absolutely dominate the NEC. He never put it all together at GW, but he does have some high-major talent. Assume JC put in a good word for him.

3/23/2020 12:26 pm  #11

Let's hope we keep our building blocks for next year

3/23/2020 1:10 pm  #12

Congrats to Mezie!  Hopefully this means we'll still see him hooping it up at Kenner (whenever that may be).

3/23/2020 3:05 pm  #13

Congrats Mezie, should get some serious playing time and stats!  Also, shows JC's class...helping out a kid by directing him to his former program.  Also, shows how he must have treated Mezie behind the scenes, and how Mezie must have trusted him. A feel good story.

3/23/2020 4:15 pm  #14

Lot of irony there. Do we know if JC helped.
In any case, congrats to Mezie and family.
Good school. Well known small school basketball program.
With a year to relax and work on his game, Mezie can do great things.

Board footera