GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2020 3:45 pm  #1

Season ticket holders need to make a deposit to hold seats

information at the GW site.  https://getgwtix.com/Online/default.asp

5/29/2020 9:18 am  #2

Re: Season ticket holders need to make a deposit to hold seats

What's with the deposit? I can't remember them doing this in the last 10 years I've been a season ticket holder. Is this because a season is NOT guaranteed at this point?

5/29/2020 9:19 am  #3

Also, I asked them if they were going to do Raise High again and I got crickets as a response.

5/29/2020 9:58 am  #4

Alum '04 wrote:

What's with the deposit? I can't remember them doing this in the last 10 years I've been a season ticket holder. Is this because a season is NOT guaranteed at this point?

Yes that’s what it seems like.   With no idea whether the season will start on time or how many home games there will be, they don’t want to ask ticket holders to fork over full price for what might be only half a season (if that).  I was pleasantly surprised by this plan.  Good job, GW.

5/29/2020 11:25 am  #5

I just submitted my renewal.   I always thought that following GW basketball would kill me.  Now it probably will.   Curious as to how many of the faithful are going to renew at this time. 

5/29/2020 11:30 am  #6

LSF - I renewed today as well.  On the positive and sarcastic side, I think we have been practicing Social distancing at HW games for a long time.  5000 seats and 1000 fans

See you in the fall

5/29/2020 1:46 pm  #7

Likewise, looking forward to seeing you in the Fall, PKGW, even if I don't know who you are.  BTW....GW was already practicing social distancing on defense, so that shouldn't be an issue.

5/29/2020 1:52 pm  #8

PKGW, was having a conversation yesterday about season tickets and the same social distancing at GW games joke came up.  Sort of the low hanging fruit of GW attendance humor these days.    (It replaces an old but good one:  I called the ticket office to ask what time the game started.  They asked me what time could I be there?)

5/29/2020 7:25 pm  #9

Gwmayhem wrote:

PKGW, was having a conversation yesterday about season tickets and the same social distancing at GW games joke came up.  Sort of the low hanging fruit of GW attendance humor these days.    (It replaces an old but good one:  I called the ticket office to ask what time the game started.  They asked me what time could I be there?)

That was funny! 

5/30/2020 9:18 am  #10

I also submitted my deposit yesterday.

Board footera