GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2020 10:58 am  #21

Re: All Things Political

Yes Dude - an "All Things Political" thread is a terrible place to have a political discussion. 

9/09/2020 11:58 am  #22

If nothing else, this thread shows how completely unstable, unglued and faux elitist Trump has made the Left in America. They project onto Trump and his supporters everything they wish they could be - (recently the nasty, racist, hate-filled and sexist people are the violent and angry Leftists - for example, right here in DC you have white ANTIFA protesters nightly yelling the n word at black police officers ... go figure). Yeah sure, guys like Herschel Walker, Ben Carson, Leo Terrell, Jim Brown, Burgess Owens, Larry Elder, Dan Cameron, Tim Scott, and women like Candace Owens, Kim Klacik, Alveida King, just to name a few, are racist, sexist, hate-filled individuals fully on board with killing and lynching folks based on the color of their own skin just to support Trump. Who knew lol? The absurdity of this amazes me. The Left claims Trump is an irredeemable racist and we have systematic racism (which I don't disagree with) but are all too happy to replace him with a full 40-year plus legacy of racism by Joe Biden. They also claim Trump is a dictator but they want the federal government and federal courts to be all powerful (see views on the electoral college, federal pre-emption. education standards, etc.). The Left doesn't like the police and thinks the police engage in violent abuses but then says only the police should have weapons. This thinking would actually set the conditions for an actual dictatorship not the fake one you think exists now. If crass political hypocrisy had a screen name I'd bet it go by the name of Gwmayhem, 22 and F or Thomas. Sorry boys the cult of narcissism, dictators and oppression always starts on the Left borne out by history time and time again.Trump isn't perfect, far from it, but there is a large gulf between that and what you ascribe to him or now to 40% of his supporters across the country (which would be about 140 million people). Trump didn't create himself ... you created him with the policies mentioned, the elitist dismissal of a lot of the country and the repeated hyperbole that everyone who doesn't agree with you.on every issue is a racist, sexist, hate-filled individual. You guys must have forgot that you thought Bush, McCain and Romney were also that guy. Only in Washington DC, New York City and California (and perhaps at GW) does anyone give this tired and false group think crap any credence. It's why you were shocked in 2016 and likely will be again if you (or really Biden/Harris) decide to dismiss large swaths of the country as just racist, sexist and hate-filled. It's really mind-boggling that apparently educated people have so little confidence in the power of their ideas and policies that the only way they can engage is to dismiss others as racist, sexist or hate-filled in order to avoid getting to the merits of ideas..It's a very weak play both intellectually and morally...

9/09/2020 1:06 pm  #23

Everyone who doesn't agree with me on every issue is a racist, sexist, hate-filled individual?  Boy, you know me so well.

Meanwhile, in the time that it took for you to write that, Trump's legal defense for a rape he allegedly committed well before he was ever president is now being paid for by taxpayer dollars since it's the DOJ that's representing him.  And, the Woodward tapes have surfaced with Trump loud and clearly stating that he knew how deadly Covid-19 was back in February, therefore lying to all Americans with his attempt to downplay the virus.  Think about how many more lives could have been saved if only this wasn't an election year.  Shameful?  Disgraceful?  No, they haven't created the word that's strong enough to describe this.

Quite the horse you insist on backing.

9/09/2020 1:47 pm  #24

We need a Third Party that represents the vast majority of Americans who believe in Common Sense. I watched a BBC program which made a point that politicians in the UK and US sole job is to be re-elected and do nothing AND get paid for doing nothing. Trump got elected because he was a protest vote against both parties. It's insane to have a president who wants to pardon himself and one from the other side that thinks it a crime to let the US public know what she was up to.   What's the approval rate of Congress, 29%?! Blah, blah, blah and do Nothing.  Well, might as well vote twice, like they do in Georgia, and cancel out both of my votes.  I knew the country was screwed in 1964 when the Roman, er, I mean, the United States Empire debased it's silver coins by putting copper or whatever  into the dimes and quarters. 

9/09/2020 2:18 pm  #25

I second that emotion TC.

9/09/2020 2:43 pm  #26

Gwmayhem wrote:

Everyone who doesn't agree with me on every issue is a racist, sexist, hate-filled individual?  Boy, you know me so well.

Meanwhile, in the time that it took for you to write that, Trump's legal defense for a rape he allegedly committed well before he was ever president is now being paid for by taxpayer dollars since it's the DOJ that's representing him.  And, the Woodward tapes have surfaced with Trump loud and clearly stating that he knew how deadly Covid-19 was back in February, therefore lying to all Americans with his attempt to downplay the virus.  Think about how many more lives could have been saved if only this wasn't an election year.  Shameful?  Disgraceful?  No, they haven't created the word that's strong enough to describe this.

I'm not backing any horse other than common sense who is undefeated all time lol. DOJ has the right to intervene in civil cases that involve the President. And as for Trump downplaying the virus, mistakes were definitely madeby the Administration. But you should recall that both parties were briefed on it and Dems downplayed it as well in February including opposing the travel ban. Plus a lot of lives could have been saved if the governors of NY and NJ didn't have their hands in nursing home policy. So while you want to blame Trump for everything, he had a whole lot of help with this one. Nobody has clean hands here.

9/09/2020 3:46 pm  #27

Thomas wrote:

22ndandF wrote:

Thomas wrote:

I completely agree Gwmayhem, and at this point, I'm not even that angry at Trump because we knew that he was an INCOMPOTENT LOWLIFE long before he became President, I'm angry at those who work with him, work for him and speak up for him!! I know this won't happen, but the people who willingly supported and lied for Trump(Kellyanne Conway, Mark Meadows, Kayleigh McEnany, Mitch McConnell, William Barr, Ken Cuccinelli, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Corey Lewandowski, Stephen Miller, Rudy Giuliani, Ron DeSantis, EVERYONE who spoke at the RNC) over these last 4 years should be shunned from society!! I'm assuming most of them will have a 'Come To Jesus/Forgive Me For My Sins' moment whenever Trump leaves office(hopefully this November) and they'll get back into the mainstream, but aiding Trump as he has damaged and weakened the country is just unforgivable!!

Thomas, I feel you've captured it pretty well, except that, even if Trump loses the election, I feel he won't leave peacefully.  And to make matter worse, I feel his supporters (those with most of the weapons and ammunition) will do and say ANYTHING to keep him in power.  That includes cheating in the election, surpressing the vote, lying, threatening, manipulating, intimidating, beating, choking, shooting, killing and lynching people. 

I feel many, if not the majority of the Trump supporters want to cleanse the US of all the black and brown people (and then make sure the Jewish people are "kept in their place").  They already have the weapons and support of the police (see Kenosha and Kyle Rittenhouse), and the National Guard and military police.  Couple that with the spineless sycophants Trump's installed in his cabinet, they also have the backing of a group of quasi-Nazis to support them in their blood-thirsty war against everyone that doesn't look and think like them. 

In the other thread about the NBA protests, I wrote that about 30% of the country are CULT-like Trump followers(racist, sexist, hate-filled individuals) who will go along with whatever Trump says, you were surprised that the number was that high. I actually think 30% is probably too low, it may actually be 35-40% of the country who are cult-like Trump supporters!! Basically, Trump was able to get elected in 2016 by tapping into the worst traits of mankind, he has made it acceptable for people to be open and honest about their racist/bigoted views!!  Gwmayhem did a great job of breaking down Trump's inept and illegal/dictator-like policies, but his despicable actions as a person is a lot worse, in my opinion. Also, it may not even be necessary to separate Trump's policies from Trump the person because Trump being a despicable person for pretty much his entire life leads to his political decisions. The Lafayette Square photo op is a perfect example of this because Trump used tear gas and physical force to remove protestors so he(and some of the fellow lowlifes in his cabinet) can walk to a church and pose for photos with a bible!! This one action gave us a clear example of Trump's dictator-like actions, disregard for laws and his hypocrisy. Trump is the furthest thing from a believer when you look at the past 40+ years of his life, at least most of the bible-thumpers can present a believable image of being a true believer!!

Thomas, I feel almost exactly the same way on all the points you've made here.  I feel it's terrible and sad that so many people, including other elected officials, rationalize and defend the behavior of this president and his administration.  He's a traitor to our country and is an admirer of Russian, Chinese, Sauid and N. Korea leadership qualities.  But even that doesn't dissuade his American followers from defending him.  I have concluded it's because they hate us and the way we live more than they hate the countries that are enemies of the US.

Thomas, are you concerned that, if Trump were to lose the electoral vote, that he and his team of sycophant Nazi's would cry foul, stir up his base with fear and lies and refuse to leave office?  If he does lose, I think that's what's going to happen, and I think the conservative (read hate-based) right will say they were cheated and will resort intimidation and violence aimed at minorities of all types, especially those with black and brown skin. 

9/09/2020 3:54 pm  #28

GWRising wrote:

Gwmayhem wrote:

I'm not backing any horse other than common sense who is undefeated all time lol. DOJ has the right to intervene in civil cases that involve the President. And as for Trump downplaying the virus, mistakes were definitely madeby the Administration. But you should recall that both parties were briefed on it and Dems downplayed it as well in February including opposing the travel ban. Plus a lot of lives could have been saved if the governors of NY and NJ didn't have their hands in nursing home policy. So while you want to blame Trump for everything, he had a whole lot of help with this one. Nobody has clean hands here.

GWRising, the states received their information mostly from the White House. So they were fed many of the same lies that were fed by Trump to the American public.  Through hard work and good reporting, light is being shed on the truth now.  I must admit, it's hard to sort through all the lies and redirection spewed by Fox News and the conservative right in general. But if you want the truth it's there now. 

On another note, the latest tactic of the administration stirring up violence in many major American cities and then telling the state governments to control it or they'll send in the military is really sick too.

9/09/2020 3:58 pm  #29

Whether Trump is right, wrong or indifferent, he makes the left go nuts, no matter what he does.  He will make outrageous statements with part of the rationale to troll them, and they fall for it all the time. 

Right, wrong or indifferent, the left claims to be be tolerant ("the tolerant left").  But the moment someone, some group, or members of some group have a different thought than the majority, the left begins the name calling and attempts to ostracize the person or persons.

Third party needed!!

9/09/2020 4:27 pm  #30

Mike K wrote:

Whether Trump is right, wrong or indifferent, he makes the left go nuts, no matter what he does.  He will make outrageous statements with part of the rationale to troll them, and they fall for it all the time. 

Right, wrong or indifferent, the left claims to be be tolerant ("the tolerant left").  But the moment someone, some group, or members of some group have a different thought than the majority, the left begins the name calling and attempts to ostracize the person or persons.

Third party needed!!

Exactly. Reminds me of the William F. Buckley quote:“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

9/09/2020 4:29 pm  #31

Good Lord 22 and F. There are people who can help you with these issues. I would encourage it.

9/09/2020 5:02 pm  #32

The DOJ has the right to represent the president in civil cases?  Cases involving him before he took office?  Cases involving alleged rape?  

Here is an article from the NYT which describes the move as highly unusual, fairly uncommon, and shocking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/nyregion/donald-trump-jean-carroll-lawsuit-rape.html

I guess you're not too bothered that your hard earned tax dollars are going towards defending Trump against a rape charge.  I can only hope that most Americans have had enough of this shit.  That said, I'm not taking anything for granted.  If this country was dumb enough to elect him in the first place, it could certainly happen again.

Mike K, it's pretty insulting to suggest that the Democrats are "falling for" Trump's trolling.  My God, he is the President of the United States.  He should not be trolling in the first place.  And, is he trolling 24/7?  How about when he's just being himself, a genuine asshole?  Is that considered trolling?  Democrats aren't falling for anything.  They just want a reputable leader to be this country's president.  Really shouldn't be too much to ask.

Remarkable that Rising fancies himself as a fan of common sense.  Common sense would absolutely suggest a completely different attitude towards Trump than the one he has.  Unless it's just common sense to respect the actions of a president who is a chronic liar, white supremacist, sexist, moron, disrespectful, immoral ass.  Oh and I almost forgot...let's add alleged rapist to the list.  Common sense?  Really?

9/09/2020 5:25 pm  #33

Ah the high and mighty Gwmayhem. Loves to criticize Trump but is silent when it comes to Biden's racism, alleged sexual misconduct and family grifting. Nothing to see there just move right along lol. I'd have more respect for your views if you were an equal opportunity critic.

I have to give you credit though Gwmayhem, nobody ever used Joe Biden and reputable leader in the same sentence before.

Last edited by GWRising (9/09/2020 5:27 pm)

9/09/2020 6:44 pm  #34

Please consider your comments before you hit submit.  While I created this sub-forum for topics that were not appropriate for the main board and especially those topics that we have been there and done that over and over.  However, the rules still apply here.  The danger of including political topics on here is that it creates a perfect environment for personal attacks.  Until now, I have quietly sat back as this topic evolved.  I urge you to consider how and what you say on here.  Voicing your opinion is great, but let's ensure it doesn't get personal.

Thank you, gentlemen.

P.S.:  I have my own opinions on this very important topic and my comments here should not be construed as being in support of anyone other than GW Hoops. 

9/09/2020 6:48 pm  #35

GWRising wrote:

Good Lord 22 and F. There are people who can help you with these issues. I would encourage it.

GWRising, I'd retract and apologize if I thought I was wrong.  But I believe what I said so that's not happening, and it makes me sad to say, I sort of expected a dismissive reply by you (if you replied at all). I'm pretty sure you don't care how I feel, but if I'm wrong and you do have any empathy or feelings, please rest assured that I'm okay. People of color is this country have been dismissed, ignored, shunned, beaten-down, beat-up, lied to, lied about, cheated, abused and much worse.  I hope you have a good night and please remember to vote.

Last edited by 22ndandF (9/09/2020 6:48 pm)

9/09/2020 7:11 pm  #36

"People of color is this country have been dismissed, ignored, shunned, beaten-down, beat-up, lied to, lied about, cheated, abused and much worse." On this we agree 100%.

However, that doesn't automatically mean that Trump or almost all of his supporters would be willing to or are doing the same. If I thought otherwise, there would be no argument from me. Trump being bombastic and at times insensitive are a far cry from having policies that support racism. To the contrary, he has supported the First Step Act, historic funding for HBCU's and Economic Opportunity Zones in urban areas. That's an interesting record for a guy who some folks charge is the worst racist on the planet. In addition, he would have supported a police reform bill introduced by Senator Tim Scott but it never made it to the Senate floor because as usual the Democrats needed to keep the canard alive that Republicans don't care about George Floyd just through the election.

The conflation between our ugly racial history and virtually every Republican since Goldwater who has ever run for office continues unabated. I see you have subscribed to it. That is a shame and actually makes resolution of the legitimate issues you speak of much harder to achieve.

Last edited by GWRising (9/09/2020 7:12 pm)

9/09/2020 7:59 pm  #37

My biggest question about today's development is...WHO ALLOWED DONALD TRUMP TO SPEAK WITH BOB WOODWARD MULTIPLE TIMES??? I know Trump, his adult kids and his son-in-law aren't very bright and probably weren't aware of Bob Woodward's previous work(LOL), but Trump does have some intelligent people in his cabinet who were fully aware of Bob Woodward, they should have taken his phone away from him when Woodward called or somehow blocked Woodward's number!!

Gwmayhem,  the fact that the line 'Don't Feed The Troll' can be applied to the President of the United States shows how far the country has sunk!! Remember one of Trump's first actions/racist troll antics that led up to his presidency was questioning whether Obama was born in the United States and requesting to see Obama's Harvard transcripts because he didn't believe Obama was smart enough to do well at Harvard(Trump questioning someone else's intelligence...HA!). He followed that up with his insulting comments about Mexicans!! We are now seeing Trump praising Q'Anon conspiracy theorists!! Despite all these bigoted actions fromTrump over the past 4 or 5 years, we still have people wearing MAGA hats and going to his rallies without masks and taking no COVID precautions, that's why I say there could be up to 40% of the people in this country who are RACIST AND HATEFUL!!!

Last edited by Thomas (9/10/2020 8:04 pm)

9/09/2020 10:00 pm  #38

Gwmayhem wrote:

The DOJ has the right to represent the president in civil cases?  Cases involving him before he took office?  Cases involving alleged rape?  

Here is an article from the NYT which describes the move as highly unusual, fairly uncommon, and shocking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/nyregion/donald-trump-jean-carroll-lawsuit-rape.html

I guess you're not too bothered that your hard earned tax dollars are going towards defending Trump against a rape charge. 

Perhaps you should read this ... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/doj-s-move-defend-trump-defamation-suit-isn-t-without-n1239660.

This is a tort case that has to do solely with defamation. The alleged defamation occurred while Trump was President. The Westfall Act is fairly clear. You may not like it but the law exists for a reason.

Last edited by GWRising (9/09/2020 10:04 pm)

9/10/2020 2:14 pm  #39

Thomas, the answer to your question presented in all caps is of course, nobody.  Woodward's first book about Trump did not include any interviews with the president.  Trump was displeased over how the book turned out and was angry at his advisors for suggesting that he not speak to the author.  In his classic "I can handle this myself better than anyone", Trump spoke to Woodward 18 times covering 9 hours for this new book.  He agreed to be tape recorded.  He rightfully sensed that Woodward did not like him very much and thought he could rectify this by speaking directly with him.  Many of the calls were initiated by Trump during some unconventional times of the day.  Talk about digging one's own grave.

9/10/2020 7:51 pm  #40

Gwmayhem wrote:

Thomas, the answer to your question presented in all caps is of course, nobody.  Woodward's first book about Trump did not include any interviews with the president.  Trump was displeased over how the book turned out and was angry at his advisors for suggesting that he not speak to the author.  In his classic "I can handle this myself better than anyone", Trump spoke to Woodward 18 times covering 9 hours for this new book.  He agreed to be tape recorded.  He rightfully sensed that Woodward did not like him very much and thought he could rectify this by speaking directly with him.  Many of the calls were initiated by Trump during some unconventional times of the day.  Talk about digging one's own grave.

Trump believing he could outsmart/get over on someone like Bob Woodward is hilarious!! Another hilarious development is how Tucker Carlson attempted to blame Trump's brazen stupidity on Lindsey Graham, who is one of Trump's biggest enablers!!

Last edited by Thomas (9/10/2020 8:05 pm)

Board footera