GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2020 9:34 pm  #121

Re: GW vs William and Mary Game Thread

Do we think they let Coach Christian go if the team winds up having, say, a 5-20 or a 6-19 season?  I can only hope they pull together as a team.  They are not playing together and it is beyond painful.  I’m tuning in as a die hard fan but you are going to see some frustrated posting on this board if we’re going to watch another 20 games like this.

12/14/2020 9:35 pm  #122

Motsach wrote:

Do we think they let Coach Christian go if the team winds up having, say, a 5-20 or a 6-19 season?  I can only hope they pull together as a team.  They are not playing together and it is beyond painful.  I’m tuning in as a die hard fan but you are going to see some frustrated posting on this board if we’re going to watch another 20 games like this.

I gotta ask...do you really see us winning another 4-5 games throughout the year? Not trying to be a jerk, but where do you see those wins coming from?

12/14/2020 9:36 pm  #123

Unreal. Just unreal.

12/14/2020 9:36 pm  #124

GW0509 wrote:

This is bad coaching not bad talent so far. We have individually talented players in Bishop and Battle and JNJ (who all got their stats) but they are not playing together at ALL. Coupled with a limp ass showing in this second half? What a shame.

Battle and JNJ not playing together?? I agree that the coaching is horrendous but there’s only one duo that’s been a shame to the program and that’s JC and Bishop. Battle and Nelson have always played as team-first players , don’t bring an agenda against players that positively contribute and bring effort.

12/14/2020 9:37 pm  #125

GW0509 wrote:

I will still probably turn on games because what else am I supposed to do with COVID around and no place to go but good god this team is deeply dysfunctional right now. Who on the team can step up and lead? At this point it may take a fight in the locker room or at the next practice.

I would welcome someone showing passion or emotion after a loss like that 

12/14/2020 9:39 pm  #126

Hugh wrote:

Looking at the replay (because I hate myself), I think the play was for Battle, who was open after popping out after setting the pick...there was a 3, 2, 1 countdown coming from the W&M bench and Bishop jacked up the shot with 4 seconds left. I think that's the only explanation...
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1338670347286171650

Or maybe option 1 was an alley oop for JNJ (but bishop didn't seem to be looking for it), option 2 the popout to Battle. 

12/14/2020 9:42 pm  #127

MG14, I was generously assuming that they somehow pull it together and win 3-4 of the home games.  Also going off of KenPom.  Coach Christian has to know this is a worst case scenario playing out right now.  When you have a program with the history of GW, and the starting point for your improvement from 2019-20 is KenPom #240, you better show some improvement!

12/14/2020 9:43 pm  #128

I didn't know we played today. I just saw we had a big lead then blew it again. Saw in the OT that WM made nothing but layups in the OT. Yep. We have lousy coaches. How much do we pay these lousy coaches? A true waste of money.  

12/14/2020 9:44 pm  #129

What pisses me off about Bishop is, you look at his stat lines, and it looks fine. But damn so many times he makes you want to pull your hair out when he's on the court.

12/14/2020 9:44 pm  #130

GWMBBFan wrote:

GW0509 wrote:

This is bad coaching not bad talent so far. We have individually talented players in Bishop and Battle and JNJ (who all got their stats) but they are not playing together at ALL. Coupled with a limp ass showing in this second half? What a shame.

Battle and JNJ not playing together?? I agree that the coaching is horrendous but there’s only one duo that’s been a shame to the program and that’s JC and Bishop. Battle and Nelson have always played as team-first players , don’t bring an agenda against players that positively contribute and bring effort.

Sorry meant that not playing together as a collective team thing. Even if JNJ and Battle are playing well together (and they do) that’s 2 on 5. We’ve needed a leader ever since Yuta graduated. No one has taken the role. Hell at this point I’d take a Patrick Steeves.

Maceo should have that role by seniority but you could see his frustrations got the best of him and cost us about 6-8 points at one point. He needed to have a Mike Hall in the UNCW game moment and chew this team out when W&M first started making their run in the 2nd half.  He’s known nothing but losing since coming on campus. That’s gotta take a toll.

I really don’t see us having any games we’re favored in the A-10. Fordham will be favored because of their domination of us last season. This is getting bad fast!

12/14/2020 9:51 pm  #131

Where the hell did this guy learn how to coach?
This was the first game I've seen GW play this year and may be the last. This is their 6th game against mediocre competition; not their first or second game together.
--Terrible shot selection without a time-out to stop it & make corrections.
--This was crap-ass defense for the most part. And, how many times can you let a left-handed Covington repeatedly beat you from the left without forcing him to the right? How many times can you let Loewe beat you with his right hand with lay ups????
--Send Paar to the weight room please!

Disgraceful!!! GW needs a good AD. They made a hasty decision to get quickly beyond the embarrassing Lonergan/ Nero saga. Where's Jackie Kvancz and his top admin supporters when you need them? 

12/14/2020 9:51 pm  #132

After all we've witnessed, from plungers and phone cards to non HS graduates , you really have to examine why you are a fan of this program after a game like that. 

12/14/2020 9:56 pm  #133

Agreed, Mentzinger!
That was disgraceful. With all the hype surrounding Christian It's about time to get back to the drawing board again. Start with a quality AD. 

12/14/2020 9:59 pm  #134

I don't know if I can watch this anymore. They don't play defense and the offense is so frenetic. The whole thing is so unpleasant to witness. It hasn't been this bad since the Kuester years.

12/14/2020 9:59 pm  #135

Because I graduated from here, that’s really the only reason Mentz.  We’ve hit rock bottom.  My wife’s side is Seton Hall.  Thank God for The Hall right now.

12/14/2020 10:00 pm  #136

And we gave up rowing, sailing and other sports with national rankings for this.  Nice work.

12/14/2020 10:08 pm  #137

When we play man, we constantly switch on screens instead of fighting over them. This creates mismatches that I think resulted in a lot of their drives to the basket. They constantly beat us on drives.

12/14/2020 10:15 pm  #138

And to think they were slated to play South Carolina instead lol

12/14/2020 10:39 pm  #139

Glad Bishop.had a nice stat line as usual,while we are 1-5 against MEAC,Patriot League,CAA--prob School Without Walls in ascrimmage,etc.
Enjoyed the team play,especially at the end.
First half turned out to be an outlier and The Bishop Show returned to form.
  You can see the frustration from JNJ,Battle,Maceo,etc.,waiting around to be involved. We are going to lose them for the year,if not for good.

12/14/2020 11:17 pm  #140

jf wrote:

Glad Bishop.had a nice stat line as usual,while we are 1-5 against MEAC,Patriot League,CAA--prob School Without Walls in ascrimmage,etc.
Enjoyed the team play,especially at the end.
First half turned out to be an outlier and The Bishop Show returned to form.
You can see the frustration from JNJ,Battle,Maceo,etc.,waiting around to be involved. We are going to lose them for the year,if not for good.

JNJ probably regrets de-committing from St. Joe's. Won't be surprised if he leaves for St. Joe's. Surely Hawks will forgive and forget

Board footera