GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2020 3:49 pm  #101

Re: GW vs Charlotte Game Thread

That may have been worse than the Bishop shot earlier in the season. Don't even get a shot off.

12/22/2020 3:49 pm  #102

And they do it again!

12/22/2020 3:50 pm  #103

I swear I was going to post that this time Bishop will give it up and then we won’t even get a shot off, but the play started before I posted.

We are just so bad.  Christian is failing like he has never failed before.  It’s really bad.

12/22/2020 3:50 pm  #104

Nicely done.
We consistently find a way to lose
Good strategy to bury Macro on bench.

12/22/2020 3:51 pm  #105

We've lost our 6 games by an average of 4.5 points. Take out the UMBC game and we've lost by an average of 3.2 points in 5 losses. 

12/22/2020 3:52 pm  #106

Way to set up your team for another failure Coach

12/22/2020 3:52 pm  #107

OMG, are you kidding me.  Don’t even get a shot off.  I actually thought we were going to commit a five second violation because Bishop let himself get trapped on the sideline.  I can’t even imagine what that locker room is like right now.

12/22/2020 3:52 pm  #108

MG14 wrote:

We've lost our 6 games by an average of 4.5 points. Take out the UMBC game and we've lost by an average of 3.2 points in 5 losses. 

I'd say just some bad luck but these losses are to bad teams. We look helpless out there

Last edited by gwsb14 (12/22/2020 3:55 pm)

12/22/2020 3:53 pm  #109

Not as bad IMO. But still I laughed out loud. Picking up the ball 35 feet away near the sideline spelled doom. I laughed bc if you don’t create shots for each other all game long this is what happens at the end of a game

Last edited by FredD (12/22/2020 3:53 pm)

12/22/2020 3:53 pm  #110

Rule #1: Get the ball moving TOWARDS the basket

12/22/2020 3:53 pm  #111

What you see is what you get.
Why the inability to run a play at the end of a close game? Why foul a guy shooting a trey? Why foul when up one with the shot clock still on instead of switching off on the screen on defense? Why do I put myself through this?
Is the A10 having a tournament this year? If so, GW´s spot in it will be a pre-opening titles cameo...

12/22/2020 3:54 pm  #112

MG14 wrote:

But these are close losses to BAD teams for the most part!! They said Charlotte has won 3 in a row(I believe Davidson was one of the wins according to another poster) so they could be decent. 

12/22/2020 3:55 pm  #113

Before Moyer's stupid foul to cost us the game, don't forget his stupid foul of the 3 point shooter to let Charlotte tie the game that we seemed to be taking control of.    Looking at the entire second half and again the final seconds of the game, one again has to wonder if the coach knows what he is doing.   

12/22/2020 3:55 pm  #114

Thomas wrote:

MG14 wrote:

But these are close losses to BAD teams for the most part!! They said Charlotte has won 3 in a row(I believe Davidson was one of the wins according to another poster) so they could be decent. 

Make no mistake, I'm not trying to argue that we're better than our record shows. All of our losses are to bad teams. We were in all of them and should have perhaps won a handful of them. At the end of the day we didn't and we're being exposed for what we are: One of the worst teams in the country.

12/22/2020 3:56 pm  #115

Replayed it because I enjoy pain. Bishops flails with the ball about 3 precious seconds, as his instincts to shoot are blocked and he can't dribble again. So having let himself get trapped by not passing, he tries to
go against his grain by having to pass.

12/22/2020 3:56 pm  #116

I'm thinking what happened was everyone thought Bishop was going to force up a 3 or drive to the basket and force up a bad shot. Charlotte doubled him and he wasn't sure what to do, neither were the other 4 GW players on the court

12/22/2020 3:58 pm  #117

For a team with kids that are all more than capable academically, our brains sure do turn off in crunchtime.

Last edited by GW0509 (12/22/2020 3:59 pm)

12/22/2020 3:58 pm  #118

gwsb14 wrote:

MG14 wrote:

I'd say just some bad luck but these losses are to bad teams. We look helpless out there

Time for another of my favorite sports axioms..."good teams find ways to win games, bad teams find ways to lose games".

12/22/2020 3:59 pm  #119

That’s my point GWAA. It’s cool and sexy to run a read and react offense and defense (if that’s what it is) But where ar the easy baskets? It was foreordained that Battle would miss his last 3 because so little team work went into getting him that shot.

Great he stroke it from 27+ but depending on that is nuts, bad basketball and ultimately boring.

12/22/2020 4:02 pm  #120

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Is the A10 having a tournament this year? If so, GW´s spot in it will be a pre-opening titles cameo...

If we don't improve, indeed GW is likely to be seen in the league tournament, as much as the cheerleaders are during the game. Frankly, they and the First Ladies might play better. Certainly have better timing and execution. 
    Charlotte would find their Christmas routine harder to defend than our final play.

Board footera