GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/28/2020 7:27 pm  #21

Re: Jameer Nelson Jr

Along with Ace

12/28/2020 7:39 pm  #22

12/28/2020 7:49 pm  #23

A10 Talk[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/A10Talk]@A10Talk Breaking news out of Foggy Bottom tonight, as Jamion Christian announces that sophomore guard Jameer Nelson Jr is leaving the program. He is the second player in five days to leave GW, joining Maceo Jack.

12/28/2020 7:50 pm  #24

Hoping there is addition by subtraction -/but this hurts.

12/28/2020 7:52 pm  #25

Didn't take Einstein to figure this was coming.  

12/28/2020 7:53 pm  #26

A bit concerned about Battle given that they are good friends

12/28/2020 7:57 pm  #27

I called this a week or so ago on here. Sad and really unnecessary. I was already concerned about the direction of this program but even more so now.

12/28/2020 8:11 pm  #28

I was surprised that Jameer is leaving immediately as opposed to transferring after the season.  Jameer was coming off the bench and playing about 10 minutes a game, and I know that that GW Rising will disagree with this, but like Maceo, I believe that his lack of usage and his not being on the Court for that final play vs. Charlotte (tantamount to a vote of no confidence from the coach) played a role in his departure.  Unlike Maceo, I saw Jameer as a significant part of our future, and his loss really hurt.   Not only do we lose him for the rest of this season, but he would have had 3 more years of eligibility.   I am pretty upset.

12/28/2020 8:19 pm  #29

I agree with Mike K, this shouldn't be a surprise. I think what's happened with Jameer(and Maceo to a lesser extent) is James Bishop has made both of them expendable. J.Bishop is a high usage guy and he's probably the most talented player on the team, when you look at all the ways he can score and his passing, occasionally. Despite the criticisms of J.Bishop's play, it looks like JC is going to "hitch his wagon" with J.Bishop and see what happens. If J.Bishop never left LSU, I believe Jameer Jr and Maceo Jack would still be at GW and probably starting together in the backcourt.  

12/28/2020 8:21 pm  #30

The nightmare continues. When will it end...we'll never know.

12/28/2020 8:25 pm  #31

Petey Buckets, who is a Mason fan on Twitter, points out that as much as this is a shock, JNJ's still just 25% from 3 for his career with more turnovers than assists and an ORating below 90.  

As I wrote in the Jack transfer thread, I dislike hearing anyone wants to transfer from the school but our only hope at this point is that Bishop now takes the reigns 100%.  Bishop is basically a freshman given his lack of pt at LSU so hopefully some of what we'e seen are just growing pains.

12/28/2020 8:33 pm  #32

I wish Jameer great success. He seems like an excellent young man, and obviously he has great talent.  Wherever he plays and whatever he goes on to do after basketball, I feel confident he will make his family and friends proud.

Also, I feel it's important not to panic. Change happens and it's usually good, especially to those that embrace and accept it. I have full confidence in Jamion and his staff. They came into a very difficult situation and are doing what they think is necessary to create a winning foundation, which is the best way to do things, in my opinion.    

12/28/2020 8:35 pm  #33

Someone please tell me this is wrong, Where is the "wheels coming off" emoji?

12/28/2020 8:41 pm  #34

12/28/2020 8:42 pm  #35

Spin this any way you want-it’s a complete cluster.

12/28/2020 8:46 pm  #36

Oh-I forget to say he is a great young man who has a great future and I wish nothing but success in his 
future endeavors.Can I puke now?

12/28/2020 8:46 pm  #37

He was also a Freshman who averaged more than 10 points a game and this season was averaging 2.6 steals a contest. Was he Jameer Nelson Sr? No, but he showed a ton of potential with athleticism that was off the charts. This is a loss any way you look at it.

It doesn't mean the end of GW Basketball, but it is a loss. And a big one for this team and the team going forward.

12/28/2020 8:49 pm  #38

22ndandF wrote:

I wish Jameer great success. He seems like an excellent young man, and obviously he has great talent.  Wherever he plays and whatever he goes on to do after basketball, I feel confident he will make his family and friends proud.

Also, I feel it's important not to panic. Change happens and it's usually good, especially to those that embrace and accept it. I have full confidence in Jamion and his staff. They came into a very difficult situation and are doing what they think is necessary to create a winning foundation, which is the best way to do things, in my opinion.    

Tanya Vogel couldn’t have written a better response. You have full confidence based on what exactly?

12/28/2020 8:59 pm  #39

Until he changes his selfish game, we may wish James Bishop had stayed at LSU.
Wonder why his skills didn't translate there?
Wouldn't trade him for Maceo or Jameer, much less both. 
Maybe things will change, but high risk/low reward at the moment.
Much closer to Val Brown than Obi Toppin.
Unless he and the coach gets the 4 other players on the court involved, at least ones not named Moyer, this is going to be a long season, regardless of good personal stats.

12/28/2020 9:08 pm  #40

What a (wassacominago) disaster...

(On a completely unrelated note, who else misses CraigyFerg on the tele?)

Board footera