GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2021 2:02 pm  #1

No Women's home games listed as being on ESPN+

Is this just an oversight or is GW/ESPN messing up?

10/27/2021 3:48 pm  #2

Re: No Women's home games listed as being on ESPN+

I believe (and truly hope) that GW is just waiting for some last minute details before updating the schedules. I read somewhere (?) on the A10 site that all non-nationally televised A10 games would be streamed on ESPN+. That was awhile back, so I'm not sure where I read it from.

Also, if you go to ESPN+ and look at NCCAW games, it lists GW's opener with AU as an upcoming on-demand game. 

10/27/2021 6:37 pm  #3

All men’s and women’s basketball home games not televised are on ESPN+

10/28/2021 9:01 am  #4

If the home school is not an ESPN+ user - that is they have another broadcast contractor and if the game is not televised on national TV, then ESPN+ doesn't carry it - that's always been true.  The Ft.  Hood exhibition doesn't count.  That still appears to be true for the men.  The women don't (as yet) have any ESPN+ games listed.  Hopefully xAC is correct and the GW site is just slow.  Otherwise I will be totally pissed.

10/28/2021 3:38 pm  #5

ESPN+ has the women's games listed (as TBD), so it looks promising.

10/28/2021 6:18 pm  #6

Relax BC. The women, like all other GW sports, are streamed over ESPN+ when emanating from a GW venue. There are times when baseball and softball are playing locally on the same day and one gets bumped but that doesn’t happen all that frequently. I still have a quibble with the gymnastics coverage as it is totally GW centric but I get that cost considerations play into that. Hopefully I won’t have to watch them from home this year so it won’t matter to me but I do appreciate other schools who focus on their athletes but also provide panorama coverage of competing schools in the various events.

11/01/2021 1:22 pm  #7

Well finally, the women's team has ESPN+ listed on hte home games.   What was so hard about it?   I know  Covid-19 and in 1908 there was the great flood.

Board footera